• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Drove up last night in a combo of rain and puking snow. But apparently not much of it stuck to the mountain. It's entirely too "nice" out right now.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
A-Basin's reporting 2", and Joel generally toned down his forecast a little bit. We'll see what happens!

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 8.35.58 AM.png

There's still NO snow on the ground in Dillon and it's bumming me out.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I spent some office capital to take a powder day today, but I guess the plus side is I had a chance to sleep in this morning?

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At Crested Butte Friday morning, just before noon, riding the East River Lift we heard a little rumbling in the air. By the time we got to the top of the lift the rumbling was definety thunder. We tucked down to the sold slow Teocalli Lift for a route off the mountain as the Patrol was shuting down the mountain with rope lines across trails. The thunder grew ever louder -- remember the old discussions about Volant Skis and lightning? Couldn't help but think of stainless steel top skin skis and electric conductivity. Noticed as we neared the base area that the Red Lady Lift was not running and no one was aboard anymore. As we got to the top of Warming House Hill there was a lightning flash over to our left and an almost immediate BOOM! of thunder. Made it off the hill unscathed. The storm shut down the mountain for bit, not certain howl long as we left for the day.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Well, A-Basin's reporting 1" this morning. I'd like to apologize to everyone for taking Friday off to ski, thereby causing this storm to totally fizzle in Summit. ;)

Reactions: nay

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Well, A-Basin's reporting 1" this morning. I'd like to apologize to everyone for taking Friday off to ski, thereby causing this storm to totally fizzle in Summit. ;)

I guess both of us are at fault ...

5" reported at Breck, most falling toward the end of yesterday's ski day before the lifts closed. But it was so damn crunchy yesterday that I'm still not convinced.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Storm pretty much busted. I'm pretty much in Virginia, so I tried...

Tue storm coming in from the northwest looks good right now. I plan to sample.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
after hiking/skinning 5k vertical feet and 5 miles through 6 inches of new snow, it's official, I need a leg transplant. I'm kinda hungry right now but I don't even want to move. If anyone is willing to donate please send me a PM

On the plus side, those efforts did pay off, even if I did ski through some manky snow at the bottom.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm kinda hungry right now but I don't even want to move. If anyone is willing to donate please send me a PM

I only skied in-bounds, but I found myself walking in circles mindlessly when I got back to the condo, unable to even take off my snowpants because I was so hangry.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
Telluride closing day was awesome. Despite my legs being shot, I decided that I had to make the trek up the mtn to ski gold hill #9

Aforementioned Gold Hill #9

image.jpeg

I really wanted to knock off the San Joaquin Couloir (shown behind me) from my backcountry bucket list, unfortunately my backcountry partners had skied it a collective dozen times, and weren't interested in doing it yesterday. Maybe next year

image.jpeg

We made the long slog to the top of Ballard Peak which overlooks town. It's a pretty narrow window to be able to ski this safely. Due to the time it takes to reach the top of the peak, the snow is often cooked and avy risk too great. The skies were overcast for the majority of the day, preserving the snow and the sun made an appearance about half an hour before we made our decent, allowing for plenty of visability.

image.jpeg

Little Wasatch Face. If you can see a nearly clean line top to bottom, then it's been skied many times by locals. There's some insane terrain here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Backside of T-ride
image.jpeg

The "birthing canal." I chickened out last time I was here despite plenty of "encouragement" from the chairlift. Today I went for it, it's really not as bad as it looks.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

all that awesome skiing, yet they closed for the season today. lame

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Fwiw- snowing in Vail. Snow is very fine and pretty light. Oddly, I will be doing pool therapy today :) Enjoy it folks.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
6 inches at the cabin and it is still snowing pretty hard! Oddly, I will be driving to Vail to take @Drahtguy Kevin 's wife & friend to a winery. :wine:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Snowing in Longmont, fwiw. (It's Colorado, so it's on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online