• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ZipFit question for Head boots

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sal, when I put them against each other by the soles, the Corsa was about an 1/8 or maybe even a 1/4 shorter than the Gara. I expect this will solve the toe crunch. I will be writing a solid review to ZF when this is over.
I have a picture that I took last year of the two side by side. I shared it with Zipfit at the time. I'll find it and post it here.

Floyd47

Putting on skis
Skier
Well this was the final confirmation I needed to go ahead and pull the trigger on the new Corsa that was available. I'll be sticking the 26.5 Corsa in a new pair of 2023 Nordica WC boots I just picked up (93mm last). All in the interest of science of course... ;)

More to come.
That is the “new” Dobie design, correct? Look forward to hearing your thoughts on how it compares to the old / original Dobie plug.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Yep, I actually missed it the first time I looked. This one specifically is the one I have.
https://www.svst.com/Boots/Foam-Boot-Fitting-Aids/Tapered-Shin-Pads-5-5Pr.html
Unless that one is soft foam. The picture shows it on the inside of the boot. Mine is definitely hard foam and goes on the outside. 1/2” is the correct thickness though.

For anyone interested in these pads, I found them at Terry's @SlideWright site.

Yarecki

Putting on skis
Skier
This is why I needed a boosterstrap as my oem liner had a fat top tongue, and the shell expected that.
I played around with OEM power strap under the plastic as a fake boosterstrap but it wasn't working
But also still needed a tube omfit each to mold better to my shin and get better contact.

Stop by Olympic bootworks and Buck or his team can install boosters or advise you. Bring your ski socks they may need you to bootup.

Yes, Booster Strap is your friend

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
The bootfitter that put them on mine put it on the outside of tongue at the top and it cinched up the top part of the boot immediately. I can’t imagine putting that inside the liner, the foam is not compressible.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Wouldn't this make the gap at the top of the tongue even more pronounced?

The "gap" that matters is the one between your shin and the liner tongue. This pad will provide support and more volume for folks that need that in their cuff.

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
Bluefish isn’t wrong in interpreting that picture on the website in the way he did. If that’s the same shim that I posted, there’s no way anyone could put that on the inside of their liner, it would be unbearable. The one I have is hard, not soft. It almost makes me wonder if it’s the same one I have.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Bluefish isn’t wrong in interpreting that picture on the website in the way he did. If that’s the same shim that I posted, there’s no way anyone could put that on the inside of their liner, it would be unbearable. The one I have is hard, not soft. It almost makes me wonder if it’s the same one I have.

Oh, I didn't even notice that. WTF. Yeah, that's the wrong way to use it.

TS
B

bluefish

Booting up
Skier
My daughter spent time in her ZF Corsas last night after drying her shells from training. She noticed it stiffened her boots a bit and no problems at all with the bigger size (23.5 ZF in a 22.5 Lange ZA shell). She also noted the neoprene toe box allowed her boot a bit more natural fit. Now need to get her new footbeds since her's about trashed. Being superstitious as many are, she has Eastern Finals for U16s next week at Gore Mountain in NY and refuses to use anything she hasn't been on all year! I'm happy for her as she was ranked 10th here in Maine for U16 girls and 4th for 1st year U16 girls. She missed qualifying for the Eastern Championship by 3 spots as they take the top 7 girls. So wish luck! She's working hard. Me, I'm waiting for the brown truck to drop my new 26.5 Corsas this afternoon.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm waiting on the brown trucks too. New Dobies should be here today. New Corsas on Saturday.
(and my new hip in late April, not courtesy of UPS... ;) )

James

Out There
Instructor
this is what i don't like about their recommendation quiz, unless i was fitting a high volume foot into a raptor RS i would go gara all day long, the corsa was really designed to work with the full race shells and will always require a lot of cork in anything else, but i see it was the WRC boot, the issue i have with that specific boot is it is very voluminous in the cuff for a boot of that nature
What’s your recommendation for the Head WCR3 boot? I had the old B3 in a 27, and much to my disbelief, the bootfitter was right and I could fit in the WCR3 26 with work. Hey, at least this boot flexes! That B3 basically doesn’t.

What’s surprising is the lack of heel hold in this WCR. Damn heel is moving some up and also side to side. Never had this issue in the B3. The new Head liner has next to nothing in the low heel area. I’ve tried some pads on a first go.
Do you ever use the Liquid fit stuff? I don’t get the point if no one uses it.
Thanks

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
What’s your recommendation for the Head WCR3 boot? I had the old B3 in a 27, and much to my disbelief, the bootfitter was right and I could fit in the WCR3 26 with work. Hey, at least this boot flexes! That B3 basically doesn’t.

What’s surprising is the lack of heel hold in this WCR. Damn heel is moving some up and also side to side. Never had this issue in the B3. The new Head liner has next to nothing in the low heel area. I’ve tried some pads on a first go.
Thanks

Yep, WCR is significantly changed from the B series Raptors. I could drop into the B series with a bit of work. The WCR just wasn't close enough to warrant the difficulty, so now I'm in Nordica Dobies.

Floyd47

Putting on skis
Skier

Thanks
I’ve been wondering if it’s possible to inject OMFit cork into the Liquid Fit bladders, although I’m guessing there are reasons it wouldn’t work. One reason being the LF entry ports might be too narrow to get the cork in.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I’ve been wondering if it’s possible to inject OMFit cork into the Liquid Fit bladders, although I’m guessing there are reasons it wouldn’t work. One reason being the LF entry ports might be too narrow to get the cork in.

Paging @chris_the_wrench...

I'm fairly sure he either pursued this or abandoned it for multiple reasons.

TS
B

bluefish

Booting up
Skier
Brown truck brought my 26.5 Corsa liners this evening. I had to reposition the tongue on both and I will need a little cork around the left ankle since it moves a bit. However, I am going to take them skiing tomorrow morning and see if that begins to reposition the ankle pocket. If still need cork then I have some. The moveable tongue is a good thing. Will be sending the 25.5 Corsa liners back to ZF on exchange.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, question of the day. Who has OMFit? ZF is on back order.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I'm fairly sure he either pursued this or abandoned it for multiple reasons.

I did not try that. That sounds abit ludicrous even for me!

OK, question of the day. Who has OMFit? ZF is on back order.
Theres another thread the zipfit guy posted about that very issue..

Sponsor

Staff online