• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is your Superpower?

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Attention to detail. I can spot any picture frame that is not-level or something that is just barely out of place...once I see something off..I can't unsee it and it must be fixed. Messed up German OCD attributes.... It does not endear me to my wife.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an uncanny sense of direction and excellent recall of most places I’ve been as long as I pay attention to where I’m going.

I’m also really good at remembering where people live and generally maintaining a mental Rolodex. Planning a trip to Portland ME and my husband said “wouldn’t it be more fun if we were meeting up with someone there”. So now we have a tentative plan to meet up with a classmate I hadn’t talked to in four years who lives in Portland.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I am always on time.

This was developed in me when I was young. I lived in a place with lots of outdoor play opportunities, woods, a lake, etc. We would be kicked out of the house to play but with one rule: dinner was at 6:00. Not 6:01, but 6:00. I missed the time by 5 minutes once and was grounded for a week. I always had a wrist watch and it was my job to make sure it worked and showed the right time. If it didn't it was my fault and I didn't get any wiggle room. My mom was tough.

Years later, after my father's death, I was talking with my mom and the subject of 6:00 dinner came up. She laughed and told me that her deadline was created for my dad, not for us kids. He would stop on the way home from work at the bar and yak with his buddies and she wanted to make sure he was at home on time, so we were the ones who made sure he would be there. He was a great dad, believed in family dinner time, and he was always at the table.

Another great story (I feel blabby today) about this is that I was at my buddy "Steve's" house which was about 1.5 miles from my house. I knew it was time to head home for dinner and it was raining like crazy but there were no exceptions to the 6:00 rule, so I began the walk home, expecting to be a drowned rat by the time I got there. Well, one of the places my dad liked to hang out after work was a bar that was only two doors down from Steve's house. I saw Dad's car parked in front and, knowing I couldn't go into the bar, I tried the car door and it was unlocked (this was the 60s)! I knew Dad would be home on time for dinner so I slipped into the car to stay dry, wait for him to come out, and get a ride home in time for dinner. I felt like I'd won the lotto! When he found me in the car he was not happy but didn't make a big deal about it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Later I learned that he was embarrassed that his kid was waiting in the car while he was in the bar. Being the school board President made him a little touchy about such things. I still got home on time and dry.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Two Super Powers
1. Rembering useless bits of information for years, yet forgetting important things that my wife told me.
2. The ability to throw something away that I have held on to for years, about a week before I have a need for it.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My sister's motto is:
Time is money. When someone is consistently late, they're as good as a thief because they're stealing somoene elses time.
If you are not 5 - 10 minutes early for an appointment, YOU ARE LATE is my motto.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier

Sponsor