• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is your Superpower?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My superpower is that after enough to drink, I can speak any language. On occasion I have acted as interpreter for the whole bar.

Funny, I was going to say another one of my superpowers is, I can make a bottle of bourbon vanish.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
All the real dealing is done prior to the start of the meeting. The meeting is to formalize the done deals.
All the real dealing is done on the gulf course. Don't be late for your tee time.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
With caffeine, chewing gum and a radio I can drive great distances in a car. In 2021 I did two days in a row of 17 hrs driving, solo. I took a seven hour rest stop in between. Knock on wood that I don't fall asleep on the four hour drive I'm about to make just now after a day at the Delaware shore

Last edited:

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm really good at grocery shopping. Give me a list and I'll find everything, provided it's located in the area. My girlfriend dislikes shopping so it works out great. She does most of the housework (and likes it), which isn't my favorite, except for doing the dishes. Now, remembering names, ugh.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm really good at grocery shopping. Give me a list and I'll find everything, provided it's located in the area. My girlfriend dislikes shopping so it works out great. She does most of the housework (and likes it), which isn't my favorite, except for doing the dishes. Now, remembering names, ugh.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you just described "buying", not "shopping". Most guys are good at buying. Women are good at shopping.

Buying: You have a list, you get the stuff on the list, you come home with the stuff.

Shopping: No list. You go to stores and look at stuff. You touch and examine each item, even if identical, you talk to salespeople about various topics even if it does not involve the stuff. You go to another store, repeat until time to stop for Cinnabon or Starbucks. Return home even if you have not bought any stuff.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Superpowers:
-Jigsaw puzzles. I am abnormally good at these and don't join in until everyone else gave up because it's just the hard part(s) left.
-Adding stuff to leftover takeout and making it better than what it was originally at the restaurant
-Writing over long forum posts that I end up deleting instead of posting, realizing that no one is going to care about the content except me (and I read it already anyway). "You mean it gets worse than what you usually post?" Yes. :cool:

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you just described "buying", not "shopping". Most guys are good at buying. Women are good at shopping.

Buying: You have a list, you get the stuff on the list, you come home with the stuff.

Shopping: No list. You go to stores and look at stuff. You touch and examine each item, even if identical, you talk to salespeople about various topics even if it does not involve the stuff. You go to another store, repeat until time to stop for Cinnabon or Starbucks. Return home even if you have not bought any stuff.
I do plenty of shopping without a list. I know how to pick out meat and look for the best produce. I'm somewhat limited in Auburn ME to mass market stores but make occasional trips to Portland for more specialty items like Caribbean bangers at Pat's Meat market or speck from Micucci's Market.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Keeping my wife's skis and bikes in tip-top condition, so we can have max fun together!

Also, more than a few of her girlfriends', SIL's, niece's etc., etc., skis and bikes.......but I love it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Seemed appropriate for this thread...

1659583340990.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I just live in fear that someone is going to tell me what my superpower is.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This thread makes me think of the story/joke about a group of people that are out to dinner and they are bragging about how much money they make. The lawyer is saying he makes a seven digit salary and he turns to the teacher and says "what do you make", and the teacher comes back and says "I make all other professions".

Sponsor