• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Warren Miller was the guy you wanted to ski a few runs with, talk with on the chair and maybe have a drink with at the end of the day. Listening to his voice was peaceful as the mountains are at night when it is snowing. I do not think any of us here could deny the joy of skiing he shared with his films. He was real human, that made my skiing life better because of him doing what he loved best.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember while skiing in Stowe with my dad, maybe 1969 or 1970. After dinner we went to the town hall and sat on folding chairs and watched the latest Warren Miller movie. The amazing part was that Warren Miller himself was up at the front with a microphone narrating it! It was what would become the WM formula.. Old footage , new footage , and campy. Cornball jokes included for free.
Every winter after that when his shows come to town ,I have been there. A great way to get the stoke going for the upcoming ski season

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
When I first started skiing a few years ago, I fell in love with Warren Miller movies. I have always loved them because he celebrated not just the extreme and talented athletes, but also the everyday skier, at any level of learning. His ski lift bloopers still remain some of my favourite movie segments of all time. His movies made me ooh and aaah, but also laugh. Hope there's lots of pow wherever you are, Warren Miller!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
The best compliment you can get after a crash happened to me one time when it was dust on crust: Buddy comes zooming up to me as I have finally come to rest after finally hugging a mogul after several somersaults and attempts to stand up and I am dusting myself off, "Wow, that was pure Warren Miller, I wish I had a camera."

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
The ski season didn't start until you saw the Warren Miller ski movie of the year. If you are old enough or just lucky you got him narrating the film and if you were really lucky he would be there in person narrating. Those were great memories.

Read his autobiography last year. Rest in Peace Warren we will all miss you.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
man o man......where does time go??....Feels like yesterday I was with my family going to watch one of his movies in the mid-80's in the Bushnell in Hartford, CT...I can hear his voice now....will never forget some scene showing beginners trying to get off of a lift and his humorous dead pan voice making comments...."you want your kid (who fell), go get him" as the liftie hastily move a struggling child to the side of the disembark area.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
2F277777-C21A-46A6-B2CF-72F7129B6199.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January