• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Pugs Vermont Invasion 4/3-10/17

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If it's raining there and not in Boston there's an afternoon game at Fenway against the Pirates on Thursday.

Although Sale makes his first start for the Bro Sox today. There are few things I might miss a day of skiing for but that's one of them.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Is it 2016 where you live???

Nope, Massachusetts turned the calendar like the rest of the country. Wasn't sure what was left at MRG after a week of rain and warmth.. Figured it could look something like the video snow report. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just sayin'. We've been having a good spring. Often the case here where the cold ocean warms up so slowly. The Loaf is looking good. And Saddleback is reportedly stuffed to the gills with snow, if you feel like hiking under the mothballed lifts. Got a car with a moose guard? After your Sunday commitments you could take a tour.

sd1_today.jpg

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Flood watch dropped. Weekend forecast looking much better w/ even a couple of inches possible. Yeah!!!!!!!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Weather.com is saying 6-11 inches of snow for Stowe tonight and tomorrow morning. Yesterday had the best corn skiing off the year IMO. If the storm produces Ill be there at 7:30 saturday because as soon as the sun hits the fresh wet snow, we will all be wishing it had nt snowed.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was snowing pretty good on the top half of the mountain as we left at noon.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Did you skip skiing last Thursday?
Yesterday had the best corn skiing off the year IMO.

Because zero visibility until the rain really got going is NOT as fun as perfect blue skies and perfect corn... well, that is just my opinion, but I'll bet others would agree. Last Thursday was why people LOVE spring skiing, yesterday was as bad as vivibility can possibly get, skiing in fog combined with rain. Maybe you had better drugs?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
no its cleared up by noon, and the snow never got sticky because of the rain. When its sunny its get gloppy and sticky unless its just the right temp on the right exposure.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
We are planning to be at MRG on Sunday and Okemo Monday morning

"We will open for one last day this Sunday, April 9th with skiing off the Single Chair from 9am to 4pm under hopefully sunny skies and warm temps. We will not open on Saturday to allow the mountain to drain and hopefully set us up for a fantastic day of corn skiing on Sunday. All passes will be valid and tickets will be at mid week rates. Services will be limited with breakfast in the Basebox followed by a grill on the deck for lunch and drinks served out of General Stark's Pub. The Mad River General Store will be open from 10am to 4:30pm to stock up on Mad River gear for the summer. We hope to see everyone on Sunday to close out another great season of skiing at Mad River Glen."

James

Out There
Instructor
They opened Mad River Glen just so Phil and Trish could ski it? And kept it closed on Sat because they can't be there. That's pull. What's the catch, Phil grows a beard?

Sponsor

Staff online