• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sushi anyone?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sushi here in Reno is usually a go to for people coming to visit, we have a multitude of great AYCE (All You Can Eat) options.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm going to the dentist tomorrow afternoon for my cleaning. This is in my old area in Fairfield County (food mecca). This means I get to stop at Malibu Taco for my favorite bowl on my way home.

MARINATED AHI TUNA
ponzu marinated chopped tuna, guac, scallions, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, spicy cucumbers, blueberries, miso-lime vinaigrette lunch

I'm excited.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was telling a buddy of mine about all of our AYCE options and told him we need to discern between All You CAN Eat with All You Should Eat. He said "I've never been full eating sushi".

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Closest thing to raw fish meat I'll eat is tuna from a can. But I don't drink alcohol (at all). I'd be more daring if I were chasing the potential nastiness with something 80 proof or higher... No sake and I'm out.. so I'm out..

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Closest thing to raw fish meat I'll eat is tuna from a can. But I don't drink alcohol (at all). I'd be more daring if I were chasing the potential nastiness with something 80 proof or higher... No sake and I'm out.. so I'm out..
I don't see any raw fish in that picture...

Reactions: Ogg
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I told him I didn’t want to eat raw fish, he said sushi is not raw fish, that’s called something else i forget. So said ok and ate some, it was good. California roll.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I told him I didn’t want to eat raw fish, he said sushi is not raw fish, that’s called something else i forget. So said ok and ate some, it was good. California roll.
Baby steps. :roflmao: Authentic Sushi usually has raw fish in it. You experienced the typical American introduction which is traditionally referred to as a California roll. If you eat rare meat raw fish shouldn't be a big stretch IMO.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My son made this tonight, his first time. I guess he is tired of Mexican food and this is his new thing. He just got that sushi stuff in the mail.

View attachment 208205
That ain't Sushi, it's for wimps with preconceived ideas and hang ups about eating raw fish!

Btw, I always roll my own. I use an organic short grain brown rice (healthier than sticky rice), and buy raw Ahi tuna and King Salmon at Wegmans Sushi counter. I also add avocado to the mix.

When I don't have the time to make sushi rolls I make fresh guacamole that I put on top squares of whole grain artisan bread topped off with a ~ 3/8 thick slice of Ahi tuna on top.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Although I like sushi, raw fish included, I'm picky on where I have them.

Due to all the handling during the making of the sushi, hygiene standard needs to be very strict. For example, I'm rather suspicious of sushi made in supermarkets which then sat about for hours! That's right, raw fish sat at room temperature for hours! Can't you see there's a good reason why so many people are hesitant?

Make your own is the safest. It's actually not that hard.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I was telling a buddy of mine about all of our AYCE options and told him we need to discern between All You CAN Eat with All You Should Eat. He said "I've never been full eating sushi".
I’ve been full from eating sushi but in an hour I’m hungry again!

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
There is sashimi, which is just pieces of raw fish; nigiri, which is the raw fish on top of a blob of rice; then rolls, which is obvious. I think of them all combined as sushi, but that’s just my way of thinking. I’m pretty sure rolls are an American creation.

Sponsor

Staff online