• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Fields is better than Pickett. He was definitely a victim of bad coaching. I feel sorry for these young QBs who get thrust into the starting roll with marginal coaches. Mahomes would not be Mahomes if he had not sat a year behind Alex Smith and had Andy Reid as his coach. I hope Fields can learn and grow.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wilson’s last 3 years: 6-8, 4-11 and 7-8
Fields last 3 years: 2-8, 3-12 and 5-8

Pickett was 7-5 both years.

We can agree to disagree but it’s certainly no upgrade in terms of record. I do agree that Fields and Picketts played for lousy OCs. I still think Picketts is a better pure QB in the passing game.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We can agree to disagree but it’s certainly no upgrade in terms of record.
QB record is a terrible way to judge QBs. I'd prefer yards or points scored, since they at least eliminate some amount of defensive impact. But those aren't perfect either. I'd never judge these three QBs by record at all - they were on DRASTICALLY different teams.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Just saw there is a NFL '24 thread. I'll check it later. The Raven's Ngata announced à Raven's draft pick. He brought along his 3 young sons then proceeded to tell us that his kids where born in Baltimore and were all rasied to say one thing. The kids huddled around the mic and yelled, Steelers suck! I love it.

So what do yinz think of the Steelers' draft? They are plugging needs with some high rated O linemen then got another need in a speedy slot reciever. Then they went against need and picked à speedy linebacker. If these guys live up to the hype...ah, it's springrime and hope sprouts anew.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw there is a NFL '24 thread. I'll check it later. The Raven's Ngata announced à Raven's draft pick. He brought along his 3 young sons then proceeded to tell us that his kids where born in Baltimore and were all rasied to say one thing. The kids huddled around the mic and yelled, Steelers suck! I love it.

So what do yinz think of the Steelers' draft? They are plugging needs with some high rated O linemen then got another need in a speedy slot reciever. Then they went against need and picked à speedy linebacker. If these guys live up to the hype...ah, it's springrime and hope sprouts anew.
I like it in terms of positions picked. And the LB has injury concerns but otherwise may have gone much higher apparently. So it could be a good pick.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
We still need a WR and a CB. I guess that Wilson, the LB picked with their second third-round pick, was rated higher than the position needs still left on the board. Since the LB room looks good, the Steelers can take their time with him. He will have time to heal properly.

Sponsor

Staff online