• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
The real question is, with such a wide range of pricing, how much should an individual spend on their helmet. I might suggest that you base it on what you are actually protecting such as on an IQ test. As a salesman, all you really have to ask is just a few questions such as which way is up? If the first thing they do is point up, that is good. If the first thing they do is to look up then down and then point up, show them to the discount rack.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I read the instructions with the climbing harness I recently got. (Mammut) Replacement times are quite short! I want to say it was 25 days of use. Maybe 35. But it gets complicated with use and time. If it sits in the box unused I think it was 6 or 7 years.
Basically with use it was every year at least. A bit crazy.
That is crazy. I haven't used mine in maybe 9 years, so that means it was 16 years old the last time I used it. I did think about whether it would still be good (I didn't use it for 5 years or so), but I tugged at it etc and it seemed so I went with it. OOPs. I never had it lying out in the sun, or getting wet, and actually it never saw a lot of heavy use though. I'm pretty sure my climbing friends ( back when I had friends who climbed) used their harnesses longer than a couple years too. We were young and dumb, and broke.

Sponsor

Staff online