• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mounting lines for a female on male skis

Danny

aka Cometjo
Skier
Not so much in trees but in moguls you don't want a lot of tail sticking out. On the line or just a little bit back.
Though tail rocker affects this. For example the line on my Rossi S3s is forward but they are fine in bumps

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I haven't found a store with both Kendos and Kenjas in stock, but I will.

This discussion makes me wonder--do people using a ski for powder like to mount a little more towards the tail? Where would someone want to mount a ski for tree skiing and moguls?

Ok, so resurrecting this topic ogsmile

Did you compare? Is the reccomended mounting point different on a Kendo compared to a Kenja?

Found cheap 15/16 Kendos in G-many formt daughter. So would be greatful if anyone could provide som intel on this.

TS
Karen_skier2.0

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I wound up mounting them on the men's line--we never got to compare and Volkl did not respond to me email. The tech thought I would be fine with the men's line.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I recently asked this question regarding the 90eights. I bought the blue ones and wondered if the recommended mount was different in the pink ones. @SkiEssentials pulled the skis and compared for me. There was no difference between the mount point on the unisex and the women's versions. My guess is that is probably true across the Volkl lines of skis.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
This is an interesting thread for me today because I planned on skiing the Blizzard Latigo's, mostly because we get a lot of women in the shop who ask about on snow comparisons of the Latigo and Cheyenne. Turns out, we don't have the Latigo in our demo fleet so I took the Cheyenne in a 170. After about 2 runs I decided that I like the 163 better because its more playful for me, but I could easily ski the 170 if I were to mount it 1cm forward.

That being said, a woman was in our shop this week to buy the Cheyenne in 163 because she demo'd it and loved it. She owns the Latigo in 170. I sincerely wonder if she would enjoy that ski if she were to mount it a little forward :huh:

Reserecting an old thread. I'm mounting some 170cm Cheyennes for my 13 yr old son (5'4" 120lbs). Blizzard put six or seven lines on these things but not much on guidance!

They hand flex pretty soft and he is in race boots so should I go back of the main line a cm or two to help keep em stable at speed?

Sponsor

Staff online