• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How many of you....

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I still visit Epic on a daily basis, it's hard to give up old habits. I post there only when I have something of value to add in a post where my personal experience provides some value, like skiing narrow skis in the east, or, places I've visited on ski trips.
No question, the site is in decline, as the significant few spend a lot more energy here at Pugski. I feel for the moderators and Tyler, I'm sure they feel somewhat orphaned.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I post at work pretty much whenever I post anywhere. My work is IT so I'm always at the computer and I'm my own boss, so I don't worry about getting fired for it. :)

I have kept posting on Epic Ski because the threads I'm involved in are important to me and I think I have something useful to share with that audience. Basically skiing history/retro gear and general ski maintenance. Things that I know and care about. I pretty much cross post my skiing activity in both CO weather threads (ES and PS) as well.

I'm sure you can all imagine that I spend most of my time here. I try to get to SkiDiva.com on a regular basis, and still try to check in on Epic from time to time, but my heart and soulmate is here.

FIFY. :)

TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a good fat vs skinny argument going on there now. The usual.

There are four or five interminable stupid arguments going on at Epic right now. But they entertain the handful of people involved, so what's the harm?

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
Would these processes be known as "compiling"? ;) That's certainly when I do a lot of my posting. :thumb:

It depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes, I as compiling a new Help system, but other times the dang system I'm documenting takes forever to run a report or upgrade so I was just using a generic word. :eek:gcool (And my post count is not that high....yet.) :daffy:

TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@MattL the software works just enough differently that you have to learn different usage patterns. "New Posts", "Recent Posts" and "Recent Activity" do slightly different things, so one may match your style better.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still visit Epic on a daily basis, it's hard to give up old habits. I post there only when I have something of value to add in a post where my personal experience provides some value, like skiing narrow skis in the east, or, places I've visited on ski trips.
No question, the site is in decline, as the significant few spend a lot more energy here at Pugski. I feel for the moderators and Tyler, I'm sure they feel somewhat orphaned.

[clamping mouth shut]

MattL

Booting up
Skier
@MattL the software works just enough differently that you have to learn different usage patterns. "New Posts", "Recent Posts" and "Recent Activity" do slightly different things, so one may match your style better.

Ha, yea. And I'm even familiar with XenForo. Remember, I'm a "web guy".....that always ends up skiing with the Engineers for some reason? LOL.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
[clamping mouth shut]

I'm sure there is a back-story that I am not privy to understand, maybe we can discuss riding an Aspen chair in a few weeks. I do think the remaining mods and Tyler continue to do what they do out of love of the site, any compensation is trivial in terms of $/hr. As I was taught "if you can't say anythiing good, etc", my mouth is clamped shut with respect to those associated with On the Snow, who now own a leaderless forum.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online