• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello WHY?????? a rant.

Anne

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
F035340B-F405-44DC-AC23-49A7586EA16B.jpeg

This is my old Lange RX from 4 or so years ago. I used Cantology. I also have them on the Tecnica Mach1 boots and will have them probably on the Atomic Hawx Ultra boots

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah I have no idea why my local boot fitter said they couldnt be. Phil says the new Kr 130can be canted.....but I wonder if the new Kr 130 can be canted and ramped.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Canting will be super easy. Ramping will be sketchy.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I have a pair of 5 y/o KR2 Cores, the lowest flex (110) of the three models originally introduced (Core/Fusion/Pro) with maybe 180 days on them. My most favorite boots of the last 30 years. This thread got me looking for a pair to squirrel away in the root cellar myself and I came up with a smokin' closeout deal ($219) on a pair of 26.5 Kryzma IDs at Steep and Cheap. Kryzma's 115 flex vs the Core's 110 should be a trivial difference. They arrived today and they are indeed identical to my Cores, except for the translucent shell and one MAJOR difference: The heels and toes ARE NOT replaceable. No online description seems to clue one in to that critical difference. In retrospect, a close look at the pics is telling, because every image I've seen of the men's boots shows the replaceable heels and toes in a contrasting color. I'm not sure yet if this is a deal breaker- I have a new pair of boots for less than the retail cost of the Intuition ID liners alone. And it may be fun to play with the two tongues to vary the flex. I just thought I'd post this factoid as it came as an unpleasant initial surprise.

Last edited:
TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the krymas you can get replaceable sole for ..... it is the more desirable boot. Now is the time to fix any alignment issues you may have because the Kryzmas can be ground and resoled.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yeah the krymas you can get replaceable sole for ..... it is the more desirable boot. Now is the time to fix any alignment issues you may have because the Kryzmas can be ground and resoled.

I have a pretty neutral stance and have never needed canting. At least I seem to be able to ride a flat ski with no problem. The Kryzma sole can be ground and resoled? How does that work?

BTW, I took the B tongues and installed them on my Cores tonight. They really are considerably stiffer than the C tongues. I saw your other thread on flex and fore/aft balance and am intrigued at the idea that I may find going stiffer advantageous. It's great that I can change just that one variable. Getting out Saturday will be very interesting.

Sponsor