• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dalbello WHY?????? a rant.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I recently broke my multi year old Krypton Kr2 Pros. I actually probably did the t Devryout with them broken it turns out.

They have been Canted and Ramped to me and they were comfortable with out being soft, and had no slop in them. Great right? one thing that made the Kr2 pro so great is what WAS the only cabrio boot in existence that could be ramped and/or canted due to its solid lugs, and think plug style lower plastic. the new boot is just a no go with lack of canting options due to lack of the solid lug and hollow toe lugs. Ugh, lucklily I found old stock 25.5 Kr2 pro and can ski this boot for at least another 4-5 season before they break as well.

I do not understand the reason for putting plates and solid lugs on the top of the line boot? The vast majority of skiers even if they do not know should be aligned but instead people are worried if they can walk around....who the hell cares.

Dalbello please bring back the solid lug Kr2, I can not be the only one who basically thinks its the best boot ever made.

if anyone is reading this and has 24.5 or 25.5 Kr2 or Kryzma, PM and I ll gladly take them off your hands.

bud heishman

Skiing performance facilitator
Instructor
Sky Tavern
I think Phil may have a pair or two of Flexons he would sell you! haha

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah mfg's do this from time to time. Then you're left with a wtf moment... They know best though..you know.. :(

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah flexons are awfull......

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This is why :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

giphy.gif

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The new boot can be canted and ramped between the shell and the soles with Cantology cants. You can stay with the stock soles or even go GripWalk soles with Cantology.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I do not understand the reason for putting plates and solid lugs on the top of the line boot?
The reason the manufacturers are using is that it makes the boots lighter without compromising the performance.
For me I prefer a solid lug boot because of canting, and lifting.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah what size Kryzma are you in @Analisa ? I have seen some cheap smaller Kr2 .

BTW its basically the same boot despite what the flex rating say....

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The new boot can be canted and ramped between the shell and the soles with Cantology cants. You can stay with the stock soles or even go GripWalk soles with Cantology.

I also think the new boot can not be streached as much as needed, but according to a pretty good boot fitter it can not be done.

have you seen a pair canted yet?

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Wanna give the Rexxam’s a go?

NO in the past 24 hours I have found 2 pairs of Kr2 pro and bought them My plan is to buy enough can keep them in my root cellar to never run out of Kr2s.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Having the similar new design in the Lupo, I’ve not noticed a performance impairment- yet the clog flexes in high angle turns. I’ve just not skied them on form snow with frontside skis to really assess.

Congrats on grabbing 2 new sets @Josh Matta - if you have a C cuff you don’t need in your stash, I’d love to take em off your hands.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I also think the new boot can not be streached as much as needed, but according to a pretty good boot fitter it can not be done.

have you seen a pair canted yet?
I personally have not have needed to cant a pair but I know they can. Personally, I would prefer to cant these than the solid lug versions because you have a good sole on the boot that is better for walking on. Stretching is also no issue with these and can be worked on them is no different than any of the earlier KR2 shellls.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pair of used Storm shells with a 286 BSL if anyone is interested.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the thing is the Storm is a hollow lug.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
NO in the past 24 hours I have found 2 pairs of Kr2 pro and bought them My plan is to buy enough can keep them in my root cellar to never run out of Kr2s.

Haha, I know a few Utah skiers who Stocked up on the old Scott boots for decades after production ceased. Eventually they all broke & they had to switch to real boots.

I can’t find skis I like with full camber! :nono::doh::huh:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid