• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
This would have been Johnny Winters 80th birthday.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Saw him in ‘76 or ‘77…..incredible
I saw him a bit later than that. Yes. Incredible. I saw his brother with Leon Russell, another great show.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I always preferred Johnny’s version of Jumpin’ Jack Flash!

Saw both these shows in 1973. Check out this billing!, Bill Graham always put together some amazing shows…
IMG_2816.jpeg

Reactions: JCF

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw all those around that same time (mid - late 70's)
The golden age of rock concerts.

Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden '77
Rolling Stones at the Palladium '78 Some Girls - Wow !
Elvis (Costello) at CBGB's....
Frampton, Hartford I think ("Frampton Comes Alive Tour - '77 ?") A bunch of us got kicked out of high school for drinking and fighting (in fun) after on the bus.
Jeff Beck - Marshall Tucker - Skynard - Dead - Little Feat....damn, I can't even remember them all....just glad I remember some of them.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw him a bit later than that. Yes. Incredible. I saw his brother with Leon Russell, another great show.
1975, age 15, my first concert ever: The Edgar Winter Group with Rick Derringer. I went up to Boston in a station wagon with a bunch of boys. My parents were liberal / had no idea.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
1975, age 15, my first concert ever: The Edgar Winter Group with Rick Derringer. I went up to Boston in a station wagon with a bunch of boys. My parents were liberal / had no idea.

That's the pairing I saw, same year....can't remember where....can't remember a lot from back then.....
A lot of things I'll never forget though too.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's the pairing I saw, same year....can't remember where....
Pretty sure it was Music Hall. I had been there once before to see Boston Ballet, The Nutcracker. Quite something to hear that screaming rock n roll in that rococo setting. Velvet seats got trashed! No wonder the place got a rehab thanks to An Wang and became Wang Theater, and now it’s the Boch Center. No more rock concerts there.

Sponsor

Staff online