• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Well, if we’re gonna drift away from the rock theme & go all acoustic. I was fortunate to see this lineup at the Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco a short time after this Warfield performance…

RIP Paco

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a new sheriff in town in the jazz/rock/fusion electric guitar world:
Matteo Mancuso

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here's another (much younger) mega-talented guitarist, Indonesian child prodigy Abim Finger. I've been watching his YouTube videos for the past 3+ years, introduced to them through a link from Brazilian guitarist extraordinaire Ozielzinho's YouTube videos.

Here's Abim at age 12 covering Ozielzinho's excellent selection "Isabella":

Here he is at age 10 covering Dream Theater's "Best of Time":

Abim is now 16 and has (or had, some seem to now be unavailable) dozens of YouTube videos covering Joe Satriani to Yngwie Malmsteen, Metallica to George Benson. He's incredibly talented, given his age!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I had seen Jeff many times but never SRV. I had tickets to see this tour at the Concord pavilion in California. I had to work & couldn’t make the show, I thought “oh well I’ll catch him next time. Sadly there wasn’t a next time…. RIP JB & SRV!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

This kind of stuff puts you in the mood for a proper morning trenching session real well.

Sponsor

Staff online