• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ask Ziggy...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My 10 year old son (at the time), decided he wanted to try snowboarding. I said we are a family of skiers but of couse he could try. I said though that he had to give it a good chance and try at least twice. The first time was a boiler plate ice day back east. The second time was a 2' powder day west. He didn't ask to try it a third time ;)

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My 10 year old son (at the time), decided he wanted to try snowboarding. I said we are a family of skiers but of couse he could try. I said though that he had to give it a good chance and try at least twice. The first time was a boiler plate ice day back east. The second time was a 2' powder day west. He didn't ask to try it a third time ;)
So you're saying conditions are paramount... :ogbiggrin:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
The first time was a boiler plate ice day back east.
My first time I took a lesson at Homewood. At the time I think they were the only place in Tahoe to offer lessons. I was friends with the SSD & he hooked me up. Threw some foam boot liners in an old pair of Sorels & borrowed a board from the local shop. Everything went well & I was riding the chair & linking turns by the afternoon, l was happy :).

My 2nd time I borrowed a different board that had my heels hanging off the edge. I went to Kirkwood & it was boilerplate. Every time I went for a heel side turn the edge would disengage & I was on my ass. I wasn’t happy :doh:

3rd time was a stormy powder day on the Nevada side of Heavenly (no boarding on Cali side allowed that first season), I was hooked!!!
:yahoo:

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_3762.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online