• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Any shooters here?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
el presidente, hands over head in surrender 180 to target ,turn around, 3 targets 2 rounds each, reload 2 rounds each, so 12 rounds

we are not "allowed" the 2+1 in civlian stuff any more, but its still fairly normal for army training.

AR-15-22LR is hilarous fun. pcc's as well, meaning same in 9mm type.

223 is a lot of boom for just training .

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Oh I’m sorry male ski forum posters. Mozambique it is. Thanks for the “well actually”. :/
Yeah that was a bit cringey but honestly they'd do it to the other male posters just as quickly! :)

I love the .22LR. That will be my next purchase probably. Tikka T1X, cheap, fun and requiring skill to use. It's fun lobbing them in at 200 yds!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
el presidente, hands over head in surrender 180 to target ,turn around, 3 targets 2 rounds each, reload 2 rounds each, so 12 rounds

we are not "allowed" the 2+1 in civlian stuff any more, but its still fairly normal for army training.

AR-15-22LR is hilarous fun. pcc's as well, meaning same in 9mm type.

223 is a lot of boom for just training .
Not a 5.56 fan myself. I prefer 300BLK for that type of carbine.
As for the 'lot of boom', it's all relative right? If the guy in the next port is shooting 8mm Mauser your 223 is nothing.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yeah that was a bit cringey but honestly they'd do it to the other male posters just as quickly! :)

I love the .22LR. That will be my next purchase probably. Tikka T1X, cheap, fun and requiring skill to use. It's fun lobbing them in at 200 yds!
Yes, 22LR is great fun and it makes up around 70% of my rounds going down range. Then PCC would be next.

scott43

Skier
Yes, 22LR is great fun and it makes up around 70% of my rounds going down range. Then PCC would be next.
I'm currently using a PCC for IDPA. It's a nice little combo. I still have a lot to learn and the .22LR seems like a great tool for that. Plus the boys can learn with it.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lol, I know. My shooting coach(/boyfriend) and I figured out how the confusion arose, because we were talking about “gold standard” drills and he mentioned it in the same breath. I’m not too worried about my shooting education and progress… the guy is the real deal when it comes to experience and instruction, and has the PTSD and decorations to show it. :huh:

scott43

Skier
Lol, I know. My shooting coach(/boyfriend) and I figured out how the confusion arose, because we were talking about “gold standard” drills and he mentioned it in the same breath. I’m not too worried about my shooting education and progress… the guy is the real deal when it comes to experience and instruction, and has the PTSD and decorations to show it. :huh:
Thank him for his sacrifice from me please.

Reactions: JCF

scott43

Skier
So my range is typically empty when I'm there unless I'm doing a competition or it's October. So I was plinking with a CZ .22LR and didn't really pay much attention when dude showed up and set up a few lanes over. .300 Win Mag woke me up real quick! :roflmao:

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
No offense meant....and certainly not "gender specific" LOL. Didn't know how much knowledge you or your coach had, but given the single target, figured it was the Mozambique drill. I used to shoot IDPA, they would generally throw the El Presidente in once in a while since typically everyone is familiar with it.

On plinking with a 22LR, i recently got a rimfire KYL rack. Steel targets from 2" down to 1/4". I manage to clean it about 50% of the time, and that's just with a nothing fancy 10/22. It's quite a challenge even at only 50 yards

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
No offense meant....and certainly not "gender specific" LOL. Didn't know how much knowledge you or your coach had, but given the single target, figured it was the Mozambique drill. I used to shoot IDPA, they would generally throw the El Presidente in once in a while since typically everyone is familiar with it.

On plinking with a 22LR, i recently got a rimfire KYL rack. Steel targets from 2" down to 1/4". I manage to clean it about 50% of the time, and that's just with a nothing fancy 10/22. It's quite a challenge even at only 50 yards
I've got some steel swingers in the backyard but WAY bigger than yours. 1-1/4", 2" and 3". They're there to keep the off hand shooting sharp for the various small fury pests. For this kind of practice bigger is better as getting hits is far more productive than misses...

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hey, a shooting thread. I've been shooting for 20 something years, but IPSC/USPSA style shooting since 2008. Was on the IPSC National rifle team from 2013 to 2017 which was a lot of fun. Traveled all over for shooting. Even to Russia for the world championship i 2017 (Wouldn't go there now! :roflmao:).
I have all kinds of guns for hunting/shooting. But my competition stuff which is used nowadays are some AR15s, a CZ Czechmate for pistol open division and a Sig MPX for PCC. Here's some footage from our recent christmas match where I did my jesus impersonation for the second year. I won the best costume award the first time. @anders_nor filming:

and an IPSC rifle match, shooting AR15 .223:

rifle matches are more rare unfortunately, hard find places where you can do it sinces you need large areas to host them

Last edited:

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yep, .223 is the most competitive caliber, distances are from 0 to 200-400 meters depending on the match. I'm better at shorter distances though, so I prefer PCC matches :ogbiggrin:

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
The bbl is starting to clam down
16mar24.jpg

Put 20 more through it. This is the last 5, there is a called flyer under the dial, and the 4 at about .94 at 124 yards measured inside to outside

Sponsor

Staff online