• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Southern CA Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fun groomer zoomer day at Snow Valley. Clouds from the valleys were busting up against and over the mountains and looked pretty cool.

"" \
Nice video. I hope to be up there next week some day :)

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Also, I realize this is SoCal forum but I just want to add my quick .02 regarding Copper Mtn in Colorado. This place is awesome if you like blue/black groomer zoomer runs and a few blue/black slightly moguled runs too. So many options to choose from. Highly recommend trying it out

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Also, I realize this is SoCal forum but I just want to add my quick .02 regarding Copper Mtn in Colorado. This place is awesome if you like blue/black groomer zoomer runs and a few blue/black slightly moguled runs too. So many options to choose from. Highly recommend trying it out
Copper is where I learned to ski and yes it's terrific. I second this recommendation.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier

When you should of spent the extra money to get the 4Motion option.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Unexpected fantastic wind buff like conditions at summit, east side yesterday
five star… would recommend!

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Copper reminds me of a much bigger, steeper Snow Summit. They're both tons of fun, for sure. And they're efficient: those long, straight runs and high-speed lifts let you keep on lapping the terrain. Busy days can be bad, but there are more good days than packed. They both rise out of bases that make me think of 90s-era suburbia. And I'd never use words like quirky, offbeat, twisty, rolling, surprising, interesting for them... for better and for worse.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Dunno how I ended up in this forum as I'm a CO skier, but the Copper references caught my eye. I've been skiing there regularly for decades and agree many of the runs are top notch (especially the long bump runs off the A lift, and the new terrain on Tucker Mountain) and the natural layout of the mountain is really efficient. The "town,' however, at the base is an abomination and an urban planner's nightmare.

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
Looks like a great time. I'm jaded by Utah's quick trip from Cottonwood to BCC or LCC, so now I'm just to lazy to wake up at 5am to get up Big Bear.
Traffic is just too crazy on a R2 day going up/down - but of course - that's when you have fresh snow.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
:roflmao:

This thread has me worried that they've picked up Copper and moved it to SoCal somehow.
Sorry for the Copper shout out. I was afraid if I put it in the Colorado post that I might get asked too many questions as to what runs I was on. In reality, I can't remember them to well other than to say it's a fun mountain. Yes, the reference to SS is not bad although they were much longer and a tad steeper :)

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Sneaker little pow day yesterday at SS, 3-6". New snow over groom was great but got tracked out in about an hour so we went into the trees off piste. Bonded to the crust well enough you could smash down any irregularities. PXL_20240307_180621150.jpg PXL_20240307_191747736.jpg PXL_20240307_192301872.jpg PXL_20240307_223000098.jpg Snow Summit, CA.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
I was wishing I could have been up there yesterday when it was softer. Today (Friday) it was a lot icier than I expected and kinda sucked (at Snow Valley). Pretty steady, chilly wind today too.

I ended up spending most of my time in the park goofing around on the jumps, which was fun.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
#6 @ Summit was good yesterday but I went OB for freshies and corn. PXL_20240308_202330328.jpg Scoping backcountry lines. IMG-20240308-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240308_181439300.jpg
    PXL_20240308_181439300.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
TS
socalgal

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A big thank you to @Mothertucker for helping the kiddo and I get our first day of the season at Snow Summit.

We were slow to get going (out of practice with all the rigamorale of gear) but enjoyed 4 hours of winter fun! The snow was chopped up and very 3D but mostly light enough to bust through easily. We started off with laps off 7. How do we ski again :huh:??? Then moved to Olympic were we found the best combo of steepness and snow for the day. A few laps later we were ready to warm up. It was cold! We finished the day doing some rounds through Westridge, hitting chair 3 and chair 8 once each for funsies. It was ski on all day, no lift lines. Made it back home by 5 on the dot! Thank you again, @Mothertucker !
1000018730.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online