• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2023-2024 Southern CA Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

TS
socalgal

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I just reupped our passes for next season.... which means I have "immediate spring access". Thinking of going up next week.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have to give a shout out to Goldsmith's Board Shop. Those of you who have been around awhile know that I've had some issues in the past with customer service - not the actual work they do. I just got some new skis and wanted to mount bindings but I'm leaving for Utah on Sunday. I called to see if they could do it in one day. They said they could if I was willing to spend $10 extra. :yeah: So I dropped them off and an asked if the tech could check the tune just to be sure. AN HOUR LATER they called me! The bindings were mounted, the tune was checked and classified as good, and he waxed the skis! Wow! Yes, I tipped very well! So happy!
When necessary, I choose that store too :)

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunday is closing for Snow Summit, see you on Saturday for some final turns until next season (unless I can swing a Mammoth trip next month).
You might be able to twist my arm and talk me into another Mammoth trip early/mid May. You up for car pooling and split a hotel?

By the way, I'm going up Sunday :)

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Larry We’re going to ski Sunday and Monday morning if you want to ski with divas
Yes, id love too. Sunday morning I have to go to footloose to get my boot punched out(im tired of losing my toenail). I should be skiing Monday too.

Text me where to meet Sunday around 1. :)

Who's the boot fitter we like at Footloose?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Any intel on Baldy for this weekend....... ?
It's got to be pretty good still, I would check their social posts. The past two days have been very warm, 69° @ BB airport today, but skiing is still good. I was out 'til after 3 today at SS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, id love too. Sunday morning I have to go to footloose to get my boot punched out(im tired of losing my toenail). I should be skiing Monday too.

Text me where to meet Sunday around 1. :)

Who's the boot fitter we like at Footloose?
At Footloose, we like Kevin. By 1:00 on Sunday, we’ll probably be done unless conditions are better than I expect. We’ll be out at opening Monday - starting at Cznyon. Text me if you want to meet up!

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
You might be able to twist my arm and talk me into another Mammoth trip early/mid May. You up for car pooling and split a hotel?

By the way, I'm going up Sunday :)
My brother has expressed interest in a Mammoth trip along with a friend (experienced skier who was in Europe for the season), I'll check his pulse on this and get back with you (the wife will have to give up the Sorento for the trip... unless you have a vehicle you'd rather take...).

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
My brother has expressed interest in a Mammoth trip along with a friend (experienced skier who was in Europe for the season), I'll check his pulse on this and get back with you (the wife will have to give up the Sorento for the trip... unless you have a vehicle you'd rather take...).
Sounds good. I'll keep you posted in a week or so to see if my Boss(my better half) gives me the green light :)

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm thinking this is my last trip for this year. I'm enjoying the blue bird days but I'm losing interest in doing the same runs over and over up here. Wish it was a tad cooler up here. It's getting mushy too soon :-(

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm thinking this is my last trip for this year. I'm enjoying the blue bird days but I'm losing interest in doing the same runs over and over up here. Wish it was a tad cooler up here. It's getting mushy too soon :-(
I can't imagine what it'll be like in another 2-3 weeks. I may hang up the skis for the season and focus on cycling ;-)

Sponsor

Staff online