• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023-2024 Killington Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
All in all it was a great weekend. Soft snow on Saturday and even softer snow on Sunday -

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
First day out this season.

It did rain all day. But you know what? Skiing is fun. Ovation was skiing incredible in the rain. Superstar made me want to come up here in the Spring for soft bumps. Wasn't the typical Killington experience but I really think I made the best of it.

IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1786.jpeg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It's the ride out Magic, Bromley time of year and then we'll switch to Stratton and Killington. Our friends bought spring passes this year so we're stoked about that. Didn't use our beast365 passes much this year. Last summer was mostly a wash and that was the draw. Think we'll do regular K passes plus IKON next year. Will be at Killington soon. Likley sooner than later the way things are going.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First day out this season.

It did rain all day. But you know what? Skiing is fun. Ovation was skiing incredible in the rain. Superstar made me want to come up here in the Spring for soft bumps. Wasn't the typical Killington experience but I really think I made the best of it.

View attachment 228056

View attachment 228057
We were out there until noon when the rain picked up. Superstar was nice for a couple of early laps and lower Wildfire had great bumps.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Halfway down Outer Limits, I noticed a bright blue helmet coming up quickly behind me. Yup, it was @Shawn . He beat me to the lodge where I stripped down to cool off. We both were enjoying our M-Pro 90 with Pivots.
Shawn.jpg

My wife contemplates the large grass field on the right side of OL.
1709754257093.png

We then skied the lower Wildfire bumps, Skyelark mostly ungroomed, mid-Ovation/Superstar, than went to the Canyons for a few laps on the steeps before calling it an early day. My back started to tighten up. :( I wonder why?

James

Out There
Instructor
I see the rocks are back on the right side. We need snow before the mogul challenge.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Day 2

I got to Outer Limits around 10am. Very few people out on the mountain today; it felt like I had the place to myself. Then when you get these views with the fog below, and you can't see the bottom of the trail, it really amplifies the solitude.

IMG_1800.jpeg

But I wasn't alone! I began to notice someone else bob in-and-out of view down below. It was @Marker! Pretty cool. We hacked our way down to the bottom and then dried off at the lodge.

2024-03-06 15:12:23.320.jpeg

In two days I got around to most of the mountain. The soft, forgiving bumps everywhere were a lot of fun. Back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. It was a good start (and probably end to my season), as life with an infant makes it challenging to get out.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 5.17.58 PM.png

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You sure did cover some ground @Shawn . Surprised the lower part of Great Eastern is still going. My daughter and I took a run down it Saturday before the rain started and there were some parts that were mostly brown.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The app was reporting 9" at 7 am and it's been snowing since, but they still haven't updated the total. Lower elevations had heavy snow that was more work to ski than I felt like, so we headed to the Canyons to get much drier funnier bumpy snow. East Fall, Ridge Run, Cascade, and Escapade were great with the later the run of the day. Even upper Ovation was low enough elevation for the snow to set up a bit. Let's see if the storm continues to deliver as we are here until the drive home on Wednesday!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
27" according to the website and a great day! My legs are toast, but I still have one more day of VT winter tomorrow until we return in mid-April for some spring skiing. I do have a little trip next week to Winter Park to keep my winter going...
I heard like 36 somewhere. Hop you’ve got your snow tires on still.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
27" according to the website and a great day! My legs are toast, but I still have one more day of VT winter tomorrow until we return in mid-April for some spring skiing. I do have a little trip next week to Winter Park to keep my winter going...
Winter Park skied really well yesterday. More snow coming
IMG_20240310_115425778_HDR.jpg

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon pass days used up and spring pass purchased. $199 add on to the Ikon is a great deal. Anyone going to be around this weekend?
I am up this weekend - if you want to catch some runs together Saturday AM

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington was foggy yesterday morning, then clouds, but the snow was great -- a little crispy to start the day at higher elevations but it softened throughout the day - all in all a good day. Sunday we awoke to scattered showers - decided to head back to Boston instead of waiting them out.

Norther1

Putting on skis
Skier
Was a little misty and some fog when I got there today at 7:30 and it snowed/graupeled on and off pretty much all day with a few small breaks of sun here and there. Snow was soft but not sticky. Nice thing was it wasn't too crowded--I think the weather kept people away especially at this point in the season people will pass on meh weather days.

Sponsor

Staff online