• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 FIFA World Cup

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Who is the Messi equivalent there? I am not following this sport.
Not equivalent because their careers have been shorter but Alexia Putellas of Spain has won the Ballon d'Or two years in a row, also Beth Mead of England, Vivienne Miedema of the Netherlands, Sam Kerr of Australia.

The drama behind the scenes at PSG's women's team is even better than the tension between Messi and Mbappé on the men side!

James

Out There
Instructor
There used to be less diving and histrionics in the women’s game than men’s. Not sure they’ve managed to keep that self respect which the men clearly have lost.
As it goes on, it’ll probably get as bad.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Coming late to this...the most remarkable game I've seen and I'm a very casual soccer fan. Just amazing!

As for what happened on stage after...I'm not a fan of that. Its poor taste but I guess they can do what they want.

Theres always the Champions League - every year ! And as good and dramatic as that WC final was it had nothing on the final rounds of the CL last year.
I have never - ever seen any sports drama as unbelievable as the two games (as a unit) between Real Madrid and Man City.
Still can’t believe it really played out the way it did.
Hala Madrid ! - y Nada mas

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Theres always the Champions League - every year ! And as good and dramatic as that WC final was it had nothing on the final rounds of the CL last year.
I have never - ever seen any sports drama as unbelievable as the two games (as a unit) between Real Madrid and Man City.
Still can’t believe it really played out the way it did.
Hala Madrid ! - y Nada mas
Disagree. Champions League is awesome for URUP. But without Asia and The Americas. falls short. I'm whole heartedly PL and La Liga and don't even watch MSL.. Still, Champion's League is nust kinda meh compared to FIFA WC.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Disagree. Champions League is awesome for URUP. But without Asia and The Americas. falls short. I'm whole heartedly PL and La Liga and don't even watch MSL.. Still, Champion's League is nust kinda meh compared to FIFA WC.

Well - other than the fact that almost every world class player in the - well, in the world plays in the European Leagues - daily/weekly in games and only play sporadically together as national teams….
I’ll say again, (IMHO) the quality of the play is more coherent and organized as a whole in the CL. Argentina played one great 52 minutes - but the WC tournament play was very spotty and not nearly (IMHO) the quality of the matches of the CL.
I will agree the theatrical drama is always good in the WC and this was the best since 1986 - but nah - not quality
(IMHO)

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
but the WC tournament play was very spotty and not nearly (IMHO) the quality of the matches of the CL.
I will agree the theatrical drama is always good in the WC and this was the best since 1986 - but nah - not quality
(IMHO)
Agree. I suspect in a best of five match series, a team like PSG or Man City would win the majority over Argentina.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There used to be less diving and histrionics in the women’s game than men’s. Not sure they’ve managed to keep that self respect which the men clearly have lost.
As it goes on, it’ll probably get as bad.
It’s still better on the pitch in that regard. The drama I was referring to was about a PSG player allegedly commissioning a hit on a teammate! That said, the guys have their share — just Google Pogba and witchcraft, or Benzema and sextape blackmail.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not World Cup - Champions League.

Anyone watch Madrid v Liverpool ?
Another example of why the amount of goals or lack thereof does not indicate the quality or excitement in a game.

Madrid down by 2 rather quickly and then winning 5-2. That’s was the box score. First first half ended 2-2 and was spectacular - even with 2 big keeper mistakes.
Second half Madrid was - well Madrid and you may think not so interesting to watch - but the quality of Madrids play was astounding and mesmerizing and just beautiful.
The Champions League is their magical sandbox…

Halla Madrid - y nada mas.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not World Cup - Champions League.

Anyone watch Madrid v Liverpool ?
Another example of why the amount of goals or lack thereof does not indicate the quality or excitement in a game.

Madrid down by 2 rather quickly and then winning 5-2. That’s was the box score. First first half ended 2-2 and was spectacular - even with 2 big keeper mistakes.
Second half Madrid was - well Madrid and you may think not so interesting to watch - but the quality of Madrids play was astounding and mesmerizing and just beautiful.
The Champions League is their magical sandbox…

Halla Madrid - y nada mas.
I kind of hate the Champions League, because you qualify one year and play the next with potentially a completely different team. Like Liverpool this year. I wish they held Champions league as a focused tournament in the spring/summer right after European league seasons end. It would have a lot more meaning/importance in my mind.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I kind of hate the Champions League, because you qualify one year and play the next with potentially a completely different team. Like Liverpool this year. I wish they held Champions league as a focused tournament in the spring/summer right after European league seasons end. It would have a lot more meaning/importance in my mind.
This is why we don't let Americans run football ;)

We let them own it, preferably if they are appropriately non interfering like John Henry rather than the Glazers.

Sponsor

Staff online