• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Okemo was good today. Basically three trails, I just lapped World Cup and Nor'easter. Snow was good, firm and grippy. No crowds. I arrived at about 11 and was in the first row in the lot. Just the way I like it.

Man, that sucks. Weekday skiing. Someday . . .

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I had some business in Ludlow, would have been a shame not to ski while I was there. Also I got some bacon at Singleton's. :yahoo:

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I had some business in Ludlow, would have been a shame not to ski while I was there. Also I got some bacon at Singleton's. :yahoo:

Oh man! :eek:

That place is killer. I've picked up both the bacon and the beef jerky and barely made it out alive. Great place. Worth while visiting Ludlow just for that - and the Boot Pro.:yeah:

Last edited:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Great store were you can buy a 357 magnum, stock up on your favorite bottle of liquor, grab a pint of Ben and Jerry's and don't forget the smoked pepperoni. True one stop shopping in downtown Procterville.

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I've been looking at that Killington FIS thread. Man, I'm dying to ski. Sunday can't come too soon. (Now if I could only find my new helmet.)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

Oh man! :eek:

That place is killer. I've picked up both the bacon and the beef jerky and barely made it out alive. Great place. Worth while visiting Ludlow just for that - and the Boot Pro.:yeah:

Great store were you can buy a 357 magnum, stock up on your favorite bottle of liquor, grab a pint of Ben and Jerry's and don't forget the smoked pepperoni. True one stop shopping in downtown Procterville.

I don't get to the Ludlow area very often during the winter (ok, I haven't been to Okemo for years...), but it sounds like this store is worth a trip. I do some bike riding around the Ludlow area during the summer months; I'll have to remember to pay this place a visit next year.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Got an excellent day 2 in at Wachusett Mountain.
Twintips were the good call today as things got a bit manky in spots.Good workout for refreshing some old school skills.
Glad I did my Carpe Diem cause November skiing gonna take a weather beating tomorrow it appears.
Might be back to golf next week......

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Stowe opened today. Our first day as a Vail resort. It's still Stowe! It was blowing hard and pretty cold, Quad running at half speed. We had a little more terrain than we usually have for opening. Lord/North Slope, Ridgeview/Sunrise/Standard and Centerline. They are blowing on Hayride, over at the Gondi and at the base of Spruce. Snow was good, Centerline was run of the day with some fun whales. Wraps at the the Octagon are delicious and I love my new ski boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Opening updates:

Vermont

Killington: Open now, of course, earliest in the east as usual — they have a WC race to run. Operating day 11; 14 trails.

Okemo: met its projected date (Nov. 11), which surprised me — good on them. 10 trails, 95 acres, 2 lifts — adding 10 trails by Thanksgiving.

Mount Snow: Open as all heck, also opened the 11th — 11 trails / 112 acres ("most . . . in the east')

Sugarbush: Projected date was Nov. 18, which they beat. Now open (Mount Ellen opening Dec. 22) with 2 trails, 19 acres.

Stowe: Stowe opened on their scheduled date: today, Nov. 17. 12 trails on manmade and 6" of natural (current season total — Mansfield stake: 1")

Statton: Nov. 22 is still the date — they'll open with 11 trails, gondola, Amex, Ursa.

Jay Peak: Open — 1 trail, 1 lift — closing after this weekend until Nov. 24.

Bromley: Making snow — opening day, Nov. 24.

Magic: If all goes well with their snowmaking projects & Ullr is kind, projected date is Dec. 16 (former projection, Dec. 9). Nice new website, I think — new to me, anyway.

Smuggler's Notch: November 24, 8:30 am. (Four trails, if the weather cooperates)

MRG: Couldn't find a date. "Surface conditions: Primary: Powder Secondary: Fake Snow)

New Hampshire

Cannon:
November 24 ($5 million in new snowmaking) — shooting for 14 to 20 trails.

Wildcat: Opens tomorrow (11/18) at 9 am.

Attitash: Snowmaking starts Sunday. Opening Dec. 9 (if all goes well)

Bretton Woods: Opens tomorrow, Nov. 18 — 3 trails, 30 acres

Loon: Opened today, Nov. 17, and looking pretty good: 9 trails, 65 acres.

Gunstock: 80th anniversary season, but when does it start?

Sunapee: November 22 — Upper and Lower Blastoff

Crotched: No date currently on the website.

Maine

Sugarloaf: Open now (yes, it's the "around Thanksgiving" predicted in the last report — but it's before Thanksgiving, which is kind of nice) — 6 trails, 52 acres.

Sunday River: Opened when Okemo did. Currently 8 trails, 41 acres.

Saddleback: Saddleback? http://majellagroup.com/saddlebackmaine/qanda-saddleback-june17.pdf & http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=610

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm... it now looks like I might be in NH and able to ski Dec. 1st or 2nd.... guess I'll start keeping an eye on things. :)

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Stowe opened today. Our first day as a Vail resort. It's still Stowe! It was blowing hard and pretty cold, Quad running at half speed. We had a little more terrain than we usually have for opening. Lord/North Slope, Ridgeview/Sunrise/Standard and Centerline. They are blowing on Hayride, over at the Gondi and at the base of Spruce. Snow was good, Centerline was run of the day with some fun whales. Wraps at the the Octagon are delicious and I love my new ski boots.

Will be there Dec 1-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
One would be brilliant (were it possible), but plus que ça? Merci, non. Je serais fit only for bed and no good company! I appreciate the offer, though. We'll trade rounds sometime this season.
:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online