• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The first real winter storm is about to come through.

Warm southwest flow will affect totals in an unpredictable way but models call for 6-12" above 8,000 feet with potential for 12-18" today and tomorrow. It's a relief to see precipitation as it's been an extremely dry summer and fall.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The LCC and BCC areas should do really well in this storm. It has a strong push from the W, something that has been lacking from storms so far this season.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
And heeeerree weeee goooooo!!!
In the meantime, Targhee is opening with a ridiculous amount of early season snow, so I'm heading that way for the weekend. :daffy:

Yeah, Targhee looks like it could open 100%, wall to wall. Amazing.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
White has arrived. It rained hard last night at 6,800 feet with a SW flow. It's now transitioned to NW and snowing hard. 18" above 8,000 seems unlikely but 12" still possible as is 6" at 7,000.

2611DFA9-BD01-49EA-AB5E-80B6AA3DDBE3.jpeg

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
Targhee opened today, 82% on a 56 inch base. No Utah openings have been announced yet. Plan accordingly if you're in this region during the rest of November at least.

I just reviewed lots of ski area websites: http://bestsnow.net/seas18.htm
It's a spectacular start in the northern regions, not so much farther south.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm being advised by my man on the ground Targhee's up to about 2 feet from this latest pulse. That's probably about what the Wasatch would have gotten with colder temps except it wouldn't be on top of a base, like Targhee. It would have been the base.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So it's been more than two weeks since something white came through. Finally...it's snowing.

4" on the patio table since 4pm
8-10" expected for the resorts.

Should be interesting tomorrow trying to be one of the first to catch tracks down the WROD.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Try these
pHLCJo

BobMc

In line for the tram
Skier
If you plan on driving up LCC or BCC this season on snow days you'd better insure you have either dedicated snow tires or chains. A buddy of mine got stopped in his 4 Runner at the mouth of LCC this morning and told from here on out the chains/snow tires law will be strictly enforced this season and applies to 4x4 and awd as well.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Holiday crowds began arriving yesterday. Until now it's been mostly locals and employees. With so little open at any of the resorts, unless something surprising happens with the weather this is going to be a tough holiday season. The next two weeks should be interesting.

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
I noticed a few Euro-one-zies yesterday at Alta and rode the chair with a few vacationing folks. Most everyone had high-spirits all things considered; hopeful at least. I was initially perplexed by the every-other-chair loading pattern but the WRODs were not too crowded or horribly skied off in the afternoon.

I know burning skis is taboo nowadays, but someone around here must have some old hickory sticks to offer Ullr. Snow dances don't seem to be working at the moment.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Holiday crowds began arriving yesterday. Until now it's been mostly locals and employees. With so little open at any of the resorts, unless something surprising happens with the weather this is going to be a tough holiday season. The next two weeks should be interesting.
Yes, they have. I was looking forward to empty groomer skiing today, but that was not the case. Thankfully, this week's storm is looking REALLY good, with more to follow. Unfortunately, we needed about two more storms like this prior to open up a lot more terrain.

Supposed to do the Torchlight Parade on Sunday night. The terrain will be open on manmade snow, but it might be a lot steeper than "normal" and I'm a bit worried about skiing it in the dark!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
AmyPJ,

Do they have any kind of military discount for the early season tickets?
Their website doesn't have any info on what they are charging.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
AmyPJ,

Do they have any kind of military discount for the early season tickets?
Their website doesn't have any info on what they are charging.
Typically, early season tickets are not discounted any more than they already are. Meaning, no additional discounts apply. How many days do you normally ski at Snowbasin per season? I ask because the military premier pass is a screamin' deal.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I get a pass to Powder Mountain.
The military season pass at S-Basin is strictly for active duty (that is what they have told me in the past) only while PowMow applies the discount to any veteran or retiree.
How much are they charging for the WROD up there?

Sponsor

Staff online