• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome EpicSki Migrants

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Man I was just telling my wife that I was going to buy 3 season passes and take my oldest two girls to Keystone this year. They were excited to see the snow fort and ski a real mountain. I won't be buying an epic pass now. I was never a Vail hater but now I just can't understand why those pricks did us like that.

I hear Copper Mountain is better anyway. Lol.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Man I was just telling my wife that I was going to buy 3 season passes and take my oldest two girls to Keystone this year. They were excited to see the snow fort and ski a real mountain. I won't be buying an epic pass now. I was never a Vail hater but now I just can't understand why those pricks did us like that.

I hear Copper Mountain is better anyway. Lol.
Just be careful of the Blacks, they'll beat you up.
(old but still funny)

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
EPIC Migration.jpg

That first guy looks familiar...

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Great to see so many new migrants, and particularly several well known faces from the race community such as Zenny, JAMT etc. You will find that we have some pretty quality race input here with well known faces like Muleski and Primoz. (Even Checkracer has been spotted occasionally!)

To all the new migrants, I have been following the RIP thread on Epic and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth as to why it is closing down. Please remember it does cost $ to run the site. Do not underestimate the amount of personal sweat, equity, risk and sacrifice Phil and Tricia have personally put into establishing this site. It is terrific to see the traffic numbers increasing but this brings additional pressures (and $) to increase bandwidth on the site among other things which puts greater pressure on cashflow in the short term.

I believe @Monique mentioned it in another thread but please consider helping keep this community thriving by hitting the button at

https://forum.pugski.com/account/donate

Doesn't matter what amount, it all helps ensure the continued success. P&T may not feel right about making this ask personally but, as a business person I am very aware of the immediate impacts (even though they are very positive for the long term) and, as a salesman, I am never shy about asking for commitments!

Last edited:

agreen

Getting on the lift
Skier
Great to see so many new migrants, and particularly several well known faces from the race community such as Zenny, JAMT etc. You will find that we have some pretty quality race input here with well known faces like Muleski and Primoz. (Even Checkracer has been spotted occasionally!)

To all the new migrants, I have been following the RIP thread on Epic and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth as to why it is closing down. Please remember it does cost $ to run the site. Do not underestimate the amount of personal sweat, equity, risk and sacrifice Phil and Tricia have personally put into establishing this site. It is terrific to see the traffic numbers increasing but this brings additional pressures (and $) to increase bandwidth on the site among other things which puts greater pressure on cashflow in the short term.

I believe @Monique mentioned it in another thread but please consider helping keep this community thriving by hitting the button at

Doesn't matter what amount, it all helps ensure the continued success. P&T may not feel right about making this ask personally but, as a business person I am very aware of the immediate impacts (even though they are very positive for the long term) and, as a salesman, I am never shy about asking for commitments!

Will do!!! After perusing for awhile this is definitely a worthwhile investment into my skiing future.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier

Damn good point @ScotsSkier . I just donated.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
To all the new migrants, I have been following the RIP thread on Epic and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth as to why it is closing down.

Do you think this will make the wailers and teeth gnashers feel welcome here?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you think this will make the wailers and teeth gnashers feel welcome here?

Judging by the numbers of migrants we are seeing Steve.... :) Being constructive here and helping people integrate to a new community rather than just fruitlessly bashing VR on social media

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I don't think it is fruitless to hammer a Corporation or two for an epic fail. It's like taking down a few thousand Wikipedia pages on three days notice. They deserve all the bad PR they can get.

Sponsor

Staff online