• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Top 5....

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Top 5 Concerts? Ugh, been to soooo many..

Rush Moving Pictures Tour Met Center MN (2 nights back to back), also saw Signals tour..
The Who first farewell tour 83 St Paul Civic Ctr, also went to the 89 farewell tour @Giant Stadium Meadowlands
The Police Ghost in the Machine with The Go Gos.. Met Center MN also saw Synchronicity tour in OKC
Kansas... The Ritz in Tulsa, played in the round, could walk right across the stage behind the drums, Walsh did the handstands..
Aldo Nova, Dokken, Blue Oyster Cult. OKC Myriad Ctr.

Honorable mention, Grateful Dead @ The Zoo Amphitheater OKC 1985. Got there early and hung out all day with the hard core deadheads. Seemed like everyone I knew was at that concert..

T-shirts from top 5 concerts, or 4 of them. Anyone got an 84 BOC, or Aldo Nova, or Dokken they want to give up??
13641076_1338170712865130_4914312918697530953_o.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Movies about high school and high school shenanigans.

1. The Hollywood Knights
  2. Porkys
  3. The Breakfast Club
  4. Fast Times at Ridgmont High
  5. American Pie
  6. Rock and Roll High School (just because freakin' Ramones!!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Labor Day Weekend things that make me smile: (with some photos)
  1. My dad's parade entry every year, which was different every year but based on the same truck
  2. Walking the Mackinaw Bridge with my sisters
  3. Watching the parade with my grandpa
  4. Chicken BBQ at the school put on by the Rotary Club
  5. Just when I was feeling the grind of getting tent sale set up I found this in the bottom of a box of ski jackets sent from Telluride Ski Shop (they put one in every box they sent)
    IMG_3771.JPG

Last edited:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Top fish to catch before I die:
5. Golden trout (lived in CA the vast majority of my life and never caught one)
4. Steelhead north of the border (caught plenty in CA coastal rivers but that's it...)
3. Albacore on a fly rod (caught tonnes of them with ocean gear, never been able to get one to take a fly)
2. Brooke trout over 14" (I've caught more than my fair share of them under 10")
1. Arctic greyling north of the arctic circle

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Let's not forget the greatest punk band to come out of Minnesota.
husker-du1.jpg
Duuude, Husker Du rocks. But I like Bob Mould's later stuff (Sugar and Bob Mould) even more. Definitely diverges from Punk at some point, but so F'ing big and melodic it makes me feel like I'm . . . standing on the edge of the Hoover Dam . . .

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Duuude, Husker Du rocks. But I like Bob Mould's later stuff (Sugar and Bob Mould) even more. Definitely diverges from Punk at some point, but so F'ing big and melodic it makes me feel like I'm . . . standing on the edge of the Hoover Dam . . .

"Mould has written that he considers the band's first 'real gig' to have been May 17, 1980, at the renowned punk club Jay's Longhorn Bar." -- Wikipedia

huskerdu2.jpg

huskerdu1.jpg

huskerdu3.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Top 5 Drum Solos, classic rock edition...

5) Almond Brothers, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.

4) Deep Purple, The Mule

3) Dream Theater, Enigma Machine (OK little on the progressive side of classic rock but still really good) ELP almost took this spot..

2) Led Zeppelin Moby Dick

1) Rush, Working Man, All the World's a Stage

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier

4) Deep Purple, The Mule

3) Dream Theater, Enigma Machine (OK little on the progressive side of classic rock but still really good) ELP almost took this spot..

As I scrolled down, I kept thinking, @crgildart knows his stuff, surely he has Neil Peart #1 . . . good job.

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled

4) Deep Purple, The Mule

Music peaked 1965-1975. Everything was better back then: music, literature, movies, skiing, etc.

carter-mondale-2.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Top 5 cars I always wanted to drive:

Lotus Europa
Dino 246GTS
Lamborghini Miura SV
Ferrari 250 GTO "Breadvan"
Toyota 2000 GT

Porsche Carerra GT
2014-Porsche-918-Spyder-Liquid-Blue-Rear.jpg

BMW Z8
bmw-z8.jpg

Ferrari 288GTO
288-gto.jpg

Miata NA Coupe
546b49539fb99_-_003mcoupeconcept-lg.jpg

Bugatti EB 164
Bugatti-EB_164_Veyron-2004-wallpaper.jpg

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Oops, I forgot the one to top all of them, the Porsche 917/30. Cheryl and I got to see Hans Joachim Stuck drive it (actually, I think there are two of them?) at the Monterey Historics. When Hans was asked by an interviewer how this car compared to others he had driven like the 936, 956, and 962; Hans replied "Vell, it is a little bit primitive compared to ze other cars, but vis ze extra power you can get sideways in ze corners and go FASTER!" The guy from the Porsche museum that was there just blanched and everybody else cracked up laughing. Classic.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Woody Allen Movies:

1. Annie Hall
2. Manhattan
3. Hannah and her Sisters
4. Sleeper
5. Take the money and run

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
@cbk - now that's bringing the stoke !
Going to have my son study that footwork tonight as he just got a manual A4

Thanks for that, IMHO
1. Nurburgring
2. Imola
3. Lacuna seca
4. Texas
5. Monaco

I had a '67 911S Porsche, got to drive that at Riverside (RIR, before they tore the track out), Laguna Seca (about peed my pants when a Lotus Cortina banged off the left wall dropping into the Corkscrew, came back across the track right in front of me!), and Willow Springs (if you're not scared at Willow, you're going too slow!)...

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Top 5 things about modern rock concerts
1) Heavy Metal Music; it's always been about the music.
2) Mosh Pits, a recent addition (compared to my time span - I missed a couple of decades of concerts due to various reasons).
3) Vodka and energy drinks, another recent addition (again compared to my time span).
4) Not-overdressed attractive youngsters who bring you your beer (gotta stay hydrated) and vodka instead of making you line up at a beer tent.
5) Ear plugs, so you can go on hearing your favorite music well into your dottage.

Sponsor