• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

avantskier

Booting up
Skier
Torque, check
Power, check (680 HP, 514 ft-lb tq)
Speed, check (0-60 in 3.4, 208 mph top speed)
V12, check
AWD, check (+ 4 wheel steering)
Prancing Horse, check

The GTC4Lusso, the FFs replacement, the next front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door hatchback by Ferrari, all yours for ~$300k:

cb041562daa79b0eea7ee57f7b322086

dat a$$ too:

GTC4Lusso-3_resize.jpg

Last edited:

john petersen

working through minutia to find the big picture!
Instructor
heres mine: totally confidence inspiring on snowy roady....it just loves the snow! Note the retro 40's or 50's skis.....

Bimmer w:retro skis 4.jpg

and the X3 roof box that I jussssst fit on the roof bars.....
E91 with roof box.jpg

JP

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
That soft top is a fail for multiple reasons.

I think that's subjective as it works 100% for us. No roof box but I can fit everything we need inside. Plus jeeps have fabulous heat so noone is ever cold. It's our beyond ultimate ski car.

Maybe one day a jeep icon will appear in the emoji section since there's a few jeepers here.
:beercheer:

Last edited:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are hoping a Tahoe works, that is what we booked for our trip to Utah in December, especially being we will be traveling with skis for the first time.

Yeah
Yeah
Yeah

We book things early
Lodging ✔️
Flights✔️
Car ✔️

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My ultimate ski car

My beast with after market tires on. Nothing I can't get through or over

View attachment 23949

Never been a Jeep guy. Always had a reasonably sporty car in the garage.

But, for numerous reasons, Jeep Fever started creeping into my brain a year ago. We'll see if it actually goes anywhere, but the lure for me is a simple, utilitarian vehicle (with stick shift!). Really looking forward to the release of the next Wrangler later this year!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Never been a Jeep guy. Always had a reasonably sporty car in the garage.

But, for numerous reasons, Jeep Fever started creeping into my brain a year ago. We'll see if it actually goes anywhere, but the lure for me is a simple, utilitarian vehicle (with stick shift!). Really looking forward to the release of the next Wrangler later this year!

Same here. I've always been a sports car kinda gal even though I had plenty of friends who drove Jeeps. I never thought I was a jeep person until 3 years ago when I drove off the lot in one and haven't looked back since :)

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think that's subjective as it works 100% for us. No roof box but I can fit everything we need inside. Plus jeeps have fabulous heat so noone is ever cold. It's our beyond ultimate ski car.

Maybe one day a jeep icon will appear in the emoji section since there's a few jeepers here.
:beercheer:
Driving 4 hours to get to a ski area on an off road suspension with the soft top flapping is objectively awful. The lack of roof for a box is a minor bummer compared to the first two I mentioned. I have had the unfortunate experience of 4 hour rides in a jeep with a soft top:nono:.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Driving 4 hours to get to a ski area on an off road suspension with the soft top flapping is objectively awful. The lack of roof for a box is a minor bummer compared to the first two I mentioned. I have had the unfortunate experience of 4 hour rides in a jeep with a soft top:nono:.

My roof doesn't flap and even with my after market thick treaded tires the ride isn't bad at all. However, people don't buy Jeeps for the smooth ride or great gas mileage. Lack of a roof for a box is in no way a bummer for me as again I can fit everything I need inside. Frankly I'm having so much driving my Jeep on a daily basis and I have great satisfaction knowing it can handle about any road condition i encounter.

I'm sorry you haven't had great rides in a jeep so I trust you picked a ski vehicle that makes you happy just as I did.

There's lots of great ultimate ski car ideas in this thread and who am I to say there's anything wrong with any of them. If the vehicle works for them then excellent. This is subjective because ones ultimate ski car may not be so for someone else. If a Jeep doesn't work for someone don't get one :)

My beast works in spades for me so it is my ultimate ski car which is what this thread is all about.

Cheers.

:beercheer::daffy:

10958445.png
full_size.jpg

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My beyond-ultimate ski car has to also be a beyond-ultimate SUP car. Therefore, it's got to have a relatively low roof height so I can lift my paddle boards on top, while still having decent ground clearance and a comfortable yet sporty ride.

The Eurowagons seems to have that pretty much dialed in, but right now, they are out of my budget. I have a hankering for a Volvo Cross Country. My ultimate choice would be a Tesla Model S 70D, if only it came in a wagon version.

So....I have a Subaru Outback, which more than does the job with winter steel rims and tires. Still, one can dream. ogsmile

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My beyond-ultimate ski car has to also be a beyond-ultimate SUP car. Therefore, it's got to have a relatively low roof height so I can lift my paddle boards on top, while still having decent ground clearance and a comfortable yet sporty ride.

The Eurowagons seems to have that pretty much dialed in, but right now, they are out of my budget. I have a hankering for a Volvo Cross Country. My ultimate choice would be a Tesla Model S 70D, if only it came in a wagon version.

So....I have a Subaru Outback, which more than does the job with winter steel rims and tires. Still, one can dream. ogsmile
What about this...
slider-image-04.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online