• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rossignol Sender Free 110 Reviews

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Since I was tuning a bunch of skis, I decided to get a base grind for my senders. Never noticed anything off with em and loved them pre base grind.

Post base grind....holy moly. The edge to edge was a whole lot faster than I was expecting for a 110 wide. The first two turns made me think the bases were convex since the edge to edge was so much quicker. Definitely worth checking the base!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Since I was tuning a bunch of skis, I decided to get a base grind for my senders. Never noticed anything off with em and loved them pre base grind.

Post base grind....holy moly. The edge to edge was a whole lot faster than I was expecting for a 110 wide. The first two turns made me think the bases were convex since the edge to edge was so much quicker. Definitely worth checking the base!
Always say that a proper base grind is the best investment you can make in ski gear! Amazing when things you already love are improved to even greater heights.

Was just discussing on the TGR Sender Free 110 thread about how the last 5 Rossi skis I’ve encountered have needed a grind. Never did hear back from Rossignol after sending multiple messages complaining about their factory tunes.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Some cool new graphics on some team rider Sender Free 110 skis coming out that are much more exciting than the standard ones. Loving the Marcus versions especially.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@GregK - You were right about the best mount point(s) on the 110 M Free Sender/192. And it makes a big difference.
Thanks.

Last week I took out this ski in what was predicted to be a 3" day, and instead it was 1" on top of hard re-freeze.
So I was focused on the right mount point for hard carving, which this ski was up to, happily.
I got in a lot of mount point experimenting, since I have Schizos on these skis.

I'd already arrived at tentatively moving back from anything forward to a mount on the rec. line, for 2-6" of powder.
But carving last week in crust conditions it was obvious I was too far forward, at least for those conditions,
so I moved first to -1.0 (better), then to -1.5 (even better),
then to -2.0 (maybe best, at least for me on crust carving conditions).

This is what you'd predicted: to start back at least -1.5, and try -2.0 also. You had it right, for me also, from the start
- at least in such conditions, but I suspect in conditions at least up to 3-4".

Yes, I really like these skis better moved back, so far, as you predicted.

From now on, I like two settings until I experience otherwise:
-1.5, which for me is a balance of some of the turny effect of the Black Ops 118, with
a really good carving feel in dust on crust. I will try this next in powder/crud;
and
-2.0, a second great mount point, for me - again predicted as likely by you.
-2.0 was what I settled on last week.
This is a looser dialed in carve, as opposed to a tighter, turnier feel of -1.5. The -2.0 is less bossy, and more neutral, for now,
and as the ice softened and the dust was skied off, the -2.0 felt more open-ended for creativity, albeit in slightly easier conditions.
It was more freeride-like, and I could ski faster with it in a good way than with -1.5 (in slightly more challenging snow conditions).

Up to last week, I felt the Salomon Blank 194 and the Rossignol 110 M Free/192 were neck and neck, a tie.
(But I also found myself reaching for the Blanks more often than the Rossis.)

Now I still feel it's pretty much a tie, both great.
(But I suspect that at least for now, I'll be reaching for the Rossi 110s more often than the Blanks.)

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@ski otter 2 Glad to hear you’re enjoying them even more back a bit. Definitely should be a more apples to apples comparison with the SF 110 back a bit as the Blank is further back.
Still bet the Blank will suck up the terrain more with softer tip flex and longer length up front. The Sender Free 110 should feel more precise and agree the stability and carving performance should improve with that mount back to -2cm. Float and crud will definitely improve too with that mount point too.

Wished I got my SF 110 more this year but at least I got some days on my Blackops 118 out west when we did get some new snow. Still loving those skis too!!

Lots of smart people here in Revelstoke with good choice in skis!

IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4459.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online