• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@epic any news on A?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Getting a new ACL on Thursday. She is planning to hike up and watch her friends at her home race tomorrow (and take pictures). She is so bummed to miss her first Super-G.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Getting a new ACL on Thursday. She is planning to hike up and watch her friends at her home race tomorrow (and take pictures). She is so bummed to miss her first Super-G.
We will be sending good vibes. Keep us posted

Muleski

Inactive

Hope all goes well, and that she has a speedy recovery. She's got plenty of company in the big leagues this year. There are going to be PLENTY of SG's in her future!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got a great shot of @UGASkiDawg's younger daughter Alex today. I love this kid so much!

image.jpeg

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
Thought I'd throw in a video in the mix of a bunch of awesome ski racing kids.
A 1 minute Video : of a bunch of superb (to my non-racer, non-pro eyes) ski racing kids 11+ years old to 13+, Just watching :
  • the contrast in their individual styles,
  • signature very personalized transitions and turns are a joy to behold,
  • and one can feel the pain when some of them go down (mention was made above of a few serious racers falling and getting hurt, real hard on them, potential cardiac arrests for parents!), though none in this case were injured so to speak, hallelujah!
  • Line selection differences are another most interesting thing to observe
  • All the skiers are fast, scary fast.
Sharing the sheer fun:

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sending good thoughts to @epic 's daughter with her surgery today.
Talked to him last night, and it sounds like the MRI was good, looking like there is no "more" damage.

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@epic speedy recovery.

My oldest missed all last season due to complex ACL surgery in summer and long recovery. Came back this year as U16... picked it up quickly (with help from friends) and is doing ok, but paying for lack of skiing these weird conditions and time in gates, by being all over the place... so far DNFs outnumber wins... or... even... F's :doh:

Screenshot 2016-02-07 17.52.13.png

FB_20160125_17_56_57_Saved_Picture.jpg

The other one, U14, is working on his skiing waiting for his strength to catch up...

hirscher-adelboden-sl.jpeg

oh wait... I think that photo is a few years away :D

Last edited:

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
Where are more video, would be nice to see how kids ski across the land ? Prater Cup - never heard of it till saw thread here, Stowe - what's happening up there and Tahoe ? Just curious and interested, it's fun stuff..so post up folks..

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Yup 2nd year. First real race at GMVS this Sunday. Then she's looking forward to getting back on the SG horse next week.

Muleski

Inactive
Looks good! ....but with my referee hat on, im pretty sure the knee brace is supposed to be covered, might want to double check before she gets a NAS ( not allowed to start)

I now remember that. As I recall, one of our daughter's college teammates had to ski in a brace for at least one season. I think the rule is that it has "to be covered", and what they did was sacrifice the leg of an older, bigger suit. So she would suit up, then put on the brace and then pull the other suit leg over the brace. I think somebody in the athletic department put it together to hold in place.

As I recall a suit big enough to fit over it comfortably was really big elsewhere.

Do you know the reasoning behind the rule?
Seems kind of harsh for a U14? Trying to figure out if there is s chance of injury? Have to think that's it. Getting it caught on Bnetting, etc.?

I bet I let that one slide a few times! Haha!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I think the idea is that it could catch on a gate panel or netting. She has a neoprene sleeve for it. Not sure why she didn't wear it.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I now remember that. As I recall, one of our daughter's college teammates had to ski in a brace for at least one season. I think the rule is that it has "to be covered", and what they did was sacrifice the leg of an older, bigger suit. So she would suit up, then put on the brace and then pull the other suit leg over the brace. I think somebody in the athletic department put it together to hold in place.

As I recall a suit big enough to fit over it comfortably was really big elsewhere.

Do you know the reasoning behind the rule?
Seems kind of harsh for a U14? Trying to figure out if there is s chance of injury? Have to think that's it. Getting it caught on Bnetting, etc.?

I bet I let that one slide a few times! Haha!

That is correct. It is a relatively recent rule as I recall. Only came in 2 or 3 seasons ago

I think the idea is that it could catch on a gate panel or netting. She has a neoprene sleeve for it. Not sure why she didn't wear it.

correct!

Sponsor