• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2024 National Gathering in Tahoe - March 2 - March 9, 2024

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey @Chip good meeting you today. Glad u recognized me based on my outfit…I too will be skiing palisades tomorrow, starting On the OV side and may head over to alpine for a bit. I have a hard out at 4/4:30pm and heading back to the Bay Area. I’ll be wearing the same fit and likely to get a later start around 10/10:30.

k
@Chickenmonkey @Chip … okay starting at OV, and def heading over to Alpine if @Chickenmonkey is there. He knows where to go And super fun to ski with! There will be groomers for your wife there too.

k

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will be at Diamond Peak tomorrow.
I should be at the Lakeview Chair by 8:45 (on some days they begin loading a little early.)
See you tomorrow !!!!

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Chip Therese will enjoy all the runs off TLC, Roundabout and Sherwood. Lakeview is fun if conditions are good and Alpine Buwl is steeper than what we skied yesterday but well within her wheelhouse. In most cases you guys can shadow each other and meet at the chair if you want to ski different terrain. Have fun!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Diamond Peak
In the morning we'll meet in the upstairs Loft Bar area, where we'll (presumably - need to confirm) be able to boot up. In the afternoon, we'll meet up here:

Has boot-up capability been confirmed?

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Chip Therese will enjoy all the runs off TLC, Roundabout and Sherwood. Lakeview is fun if conditions are good and Alpine Buwl is steeper than what we skied yesterday but well within her wheelhouse. In most cases you guys can shadow each other and meet at the chair if you want to ski different terrain. Have fun!
@Pat AKA mustski ,
Terese says thank you for these recommendations. She’ll miss skiing with you!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

@Chip : from the top of Treeline Cirque, a favorite split is the more adventurous taking down the "expert shortcut" and the sensible one taking the nice upper groomer and then the cat-track back to the TLC middle section; you can both meet there. (at the exit of the cat-track)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are upstairs in the main lodge area

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I will FINALLY make it out tomorrow to afternoon at Alpine. A combination of a blizzard, work concerns and school cancellations really complicated my week. I did ski 3 days of deep powder at DP though, so sorry I missed you guys today!

We still meeting 1:00ish downhill of roundhouse?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PupManS check the app- full power outage close Alpine this morning.
The power outage ruined my plan. I was at OV for the morning and planned on riding the gondola over about noon. Naturally I got there and it was on mech hold. I suspect the power issue at alpine.
Good day had at play anyhow.

we have to make the gathering be over so I can ski with you guys because clearly the universe won’t allow me to get here for the gathering.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will be skiing a morning half day tomorrow at Olympic Valley, if any other stragglers want to join me. I think (hope) @aveski may be there too.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Had a great time at this gathering, despite a few bumps: blizzard, 431 closure, power outage. But my bump skiing has improved since I started coming to these, so maybe that helped.
Always great to see what have become familiar faces, colors & skiing styles and getting to meet some new (at least to me) folks. Thanks to @Philpug & @Tricia for their hospitality.
The camaraderie, enthusiasm, and encouragement of this group is beyond compare. Skiing is fun!

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks to Phil and Trish as well as everyone else who worked to arrange the event. And also thanks to everyone who showed up to participate.

It was great fun despite the logistical challenges (and in my case the premature ending). I enjoyed meeting so many of you - I know there's at least one Dave I didn't meet out of the multitude of Daves I DID meet. I certainly didn't meet all who were there - it was a large horde! Hopefully I'll get to ski with some of the people later in the season - keep the party going!

Good times!

Eric

Sponsor

Staff online