• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OFFICIAL 2024 National Gathering in Tahoe - March 2 - March 9, 2024

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Today Tuesday 3/5/2024 was the big low wind chill, wind blown powder creation day. If high gusts were much stronger, they would need to shut down. Skiing Lakeview Chair was sort of like a windy day on Chair 5 at Mammoth where there are ground blizzards in some zones and scour areas in others to avoid. In some groomed flat low gradient zones, one could glide, planing across ground blizzard rolling on the ground snow crystals that has a distinctive foot feeling through ski experience.

Since the winds are leaving tonight, the rest of the week will have superb cold wind packed powder zones.

I'll be skiing Little Dipper tomorrow that I expect will be easier to run long fall lines on due In The Zone due to moderate sized bumps just now developing since the dump and this soft wind blown bump quality I can have my way with.

Exceptional snow surface condition good days for certain the rest of this week.

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Wind picked up and AM shut down Lakeview, Scott , and Summit at 2.Moved to Sherwood.
Today should be a bit warmer with little wind. Maybe patches of sun.

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Howdy y'all, great to ski with some of you yesterday for a few and hanging with a few more après!

I've got my camera with me today, I'm planning a 30 minute photo session starting at 1:30. Not 100% sure on the location yet, was thinking Red Dog face but open to other ideas!

I'll post here by 12:30 about firm location details, and I'll spread the word as well!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Howdy y'all, great to ski with some of you yesterday for a few and hanging with a few more après!

I've got my camera with me today, I'm planning a 30 minute photo session starting at 1:30. Not 100% sure on the location yet, was thinking Red Dog face but open to other ideas!

I'll post here by 12:30 about firm location details, and I'll spread the word as well!

Way to blow my change to have a good profile picture, haha. Wish I could be there.

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Alright, let's meet at 1:15 at the top of Red Dog lift, we'll go set up on Red Dog face at 1:30 and I'll shoot til about 2!

Here is your brightly colored photog for the day!

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_193727642.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240306_193727642.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 17
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Alright, let's meet at 1:15 at the top of Red Dog lift, we'll go set up on Red Dog face at 1:30 and I'll shoot til about 2!

Here is your brightly colored photog for the day!
I'm in! See you there.

Plus we'll get to say we skied the world cup course!

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yikes, my gathering is done. I got separated from the group on the way to Siberia. Headed down to Wildflour (the lunch spot?) but got sidetracked by the immanent opening of Headwall. The 15 minute estimate was more like 45 minutes but I got one of the first chairs. Sunbowl was fun and the horse trails were untracked. Worth it?

But the time in line lit up my shoulder. If you can't ski, go to the doctor. So after xrays and examination, I was given a sling and a separated shoulder diagnosis. I'm sure the sling was just to let me know that I shouldn't be skiing. Rehab United San Diego PT (not KT) next week.

It was fun meeting the real people behind the posts. Skiing with the hordes blocking the trail and taking over the hill was fun. I was winning the GNAR game - in my mind. Great fun!

Thanks to Phil and Trish and all the people who showed up for a wonderful experience!

Eric

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
If anyone is looking to ski Sugarbowl I have 2 50% off vouchers from my season pass I likely won't be using the rest of this season I can pass out. Unfortunately won't make it up skiing with y'all this week though :(

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I’m not skiing Diamond Peak tomorrow and will ski either OV or AM. Looking for some skiing buddies.
For those that are skiing tomorrow but not going to DP where will you ski?
So after plenty of drunken discussion (thanks @Jim Kenney and some fire water) @pipestem and I will ski OV tomorrow.
Great meeting so many people today. But special thanks to @Pat AKA mustski for skiing with Terese, my wife, this morning as she throughly
enjoyed ski with you.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Sorry @Eleeski to hear your shoulder was injured & no skiing for an unknown period.

I guess the kids wagon is not in use now. I saw it next to Dave’s deli today & posted a photo in the trip report thread !

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
So after plenty of drunken discussion (thanks @Jim Kenney and some fire water) @pipestem and I will ski OV tomorrow.
Great meeting so many people today. But special thanks to @Pat AKA mustski for skiing with Terese, my wife, this morning as she throughly
enjoyed ski with you.
Hey @Chip good meeting you today. Glad u recognized me based on my outfit…I too will be skiing palisades tomorrow, starting On the OV side and may head over to alpine for a bit. I have a hard out at 4/4:30pm and heading back to the Bay Area. I’ll be wearing the same fit and likely to get a later start around 10/10:30.

k

Sponsor

Staff online