• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Music Documentaries - Must listen!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We've watched a few music documentaries, most of which have been really well done.
Probably my favorite is McCartney 3.2.1. on Hulu.
This is a docuseries that is worth listening to start to finish.
Watch McCartney 3, 2, 1 Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial)Huluhttps://www.hulu.com › series › mccartney-3-2-1-e16...

Tonight, we're watching Classic Albums Yellow Brick Road with Elton John, Bernie, etc.
So good.

Amazon Prime

If you've watched something like this and think its a Must watch/listen! let us know.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I’m looking forward to this one if it is ever released…

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Well the classic rockumentary/ real life Spinal Tap is Metallica: Some kind of Monster.

I've enjoyed musical travelogues like Huey Morgan's Latin Music Adventure and Reginald D. Hunter's Songs of the South.

Chuck D's recent Hip Hop series was also pretty good.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really like the Classic Album collection. I found them when I purchased the three disc box set of...
  • Steely Dan: Aja
  • U2: The Joshua Tree
  • Phil Collins: Face Values
Three of my favorite albums.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Hey I have an original pressing of Smell the Glove on coloured vinyl.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The Stones did a good job with this one too. It tells an interesting story about one of the biggest rock groups ever.
Sorry about the condition of the jacket. the dog wanted us to play this one one day and we weren't listening. That dog had good taste in music.
20230902_065645.jpg

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We've watched a few music documentaries, most of which have been really well done.
Probably my favorite is McCartney 3.2.1. on Hulu.
This is a docuseries that is worth listening to start to finish.
Watch McCartney 3, 2, 1 Streaming Online | Hulu (Free Trial)Huluhttps://www.hulu.com › series › mccartney-3-2-1-e16...

This is a good one. I've always thought McCartney comes off as a bit of an ass, but I think Rubin was able to make a connection and bring out some interesting insights from Sir Paul.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Must see:
"Standing in the Shadows of Motown"

This 2002 documentary looks at the Funk Brothers, the unknown and unnamed members of the house band at Motown Records who appear on most all the Motown hits of the 60's and early 70's.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I love ALL of them. VH1 Behind the Music, Breaking the Band, etc doesn't matter because I'm a musician type back to band nerd kinda guy. During COVID I decided to build a small library of concert DVDs and Blurays of stuff I like, bands I've seen, and wish I'd seen in their prime. Mrs CR's on board. Random weekend day when there's nothing we are interested in watching on we pop in a concert video.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I actually own these,
It Might Get Loud…

Pearl Jam 20…

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a good one. I've always thought McCartney comes off as a bit of an ass, but I think Rubin was able to make a connection and bring out some interesting insights from Sir Paul.
I agree 100%. Rubin is brilliant in his own right.
One of my other observations is that Paul seemed to have marbles in his mouth when he was speaking but the minute he started singing, WOW!

Last edited:

Sponsor