• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Any Icelantic fans?

TS
cragginshred

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Pioneer 96 is faster edge to edge than the 109

109 needs a couple of inches of snow to come alive

Awesome info! Will the 109 edge similar to the 96 in terms of grip and power for larger GS turns? I need a ski that can float in some Pow and carve. Thanks!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have they moved on from their hallucinogenic graphics?

The graphics are amazing!

Just look at this beauty:

1673376676247.png

James

Out There
Instructor
@James No idea what those are ??
Skis made in US. Been around for quite some time now.
Contact them with what your looking for and likes/dislikes. They’ll have suggestions. You can choose core stiffness and a couple other attributes.
Full custom would be Wagner, at a lot more money. Also around a long time now.

miatamarty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've been skiing on Icelantic Shamans for over 10 years now. In 184 and 173. Not a ski for many people . Traditional camber they are very wide. 160-110-140. Think a very wide slalom carving type of ski. It takes really hard snow before I get out my Kastle MX83. I'm 72 now. Just signed up for Peak 88 and Peak 104. Time change the view. The Icelantics have been a joy. No regrets.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been skiing on Icelantic Shamans for over 10 years now. In 184 and 173. Not a ski for many people . Traditional camber they are very wide. 160-110-140. Think a very wide slalom carving type of ski. It takes really hard snow before I get out my Kastle MX83. I'm 72 now. Just signed up for Peak 88 and Peak 104. Time change the view. The Icelantics have been a joy. No regrets.

Werent the Shamans one of the pioneers in that category? I mean fat/superfat slalom skis like the Line Blade and the Mirus Cor.
Not many people on them but all of them supper happy.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Werent the Shamans one of the pioneers in that category? I mean fat/superfat slalom skis like the Line Blade and the Mirus Cor.
Not many people on them but all of them supper happy.
I was super happy with my Shamans til I finally killed an edge. Perhaps the most versatile ski ever.

If one of the duds was the Keeper. I rode a lift last week with a dude with a pair and he was still super stoked on them. Heard they were a bit much for most skiers though.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't been on an Icelantic is a few seasons. The local rep keeps telling me I need to get on them again but never makes it happen. My experience is that they all ski more similar than not and while the shapes do change the feel does not. They tend to be very damp and smooth with not much feedback. The Shaman was a unique ski and I do think they caught lightning in a bottle with it. The fore mentioned Line Blade feels like the love child if the Icelantic and the Elan SCX.

Sponsor

Staff online