• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2024 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It was a fun gathering. Some pics that didn't get around to posting.

1707846587581.jpeg

Couple of stragglers after the official dates.
1707846619052.jpeg

Some people just doesn't want to go home.
1707846726440.jpeg

Somewhere in Dadu/NA/Ernie's.
1707846813868.jpeg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oof, I don't know enough to have a meaningful opinion on the merits, but I am very glad I moved my flight home up a day to avoid a snowstorm here that fizzled out...

From the Guardian,
"Flight attendants are holding picket protests at over 30 major airports across the US on Tuesday as part of the Worldwide Flight Attendant Day of Action.
Picket line events are planned in New York City, Orlando, Miami, San Francisco, Charlotte, Washington DC, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Cleveland, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and several other major cities. Some 100,000 flight attendants across three different labor unions are expected to participate."

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I'm officially ungathered now after my bonus days. Had a great time skiing & hanging out with everyone. I skied a bunch of terrain I hadn't been on before: Werners/R&R/Pierrres area, Babmi chutes, Pipeline, Bobs (under 7A), Rueggli, Pioneer. Think I've skied here enough now that I'm starting to keep more the names straight, especially since half of them aren't on the map (Chicken Cacciatore, seriously?). Got a couple Kachina runs on too. Between ski week, 2 tech talks, and some afternoon skiing with instructors, I have plenty to digest & try to incorporate into my skiing. Guess I'll find out next year how far I get...
Thanks to all for for camaraderie and enthusiasm!

Sponsor

Staff online