• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2024 New England, errrr, Canada Gathering trip report, eh?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
One time we got to ski powder at Orford, one time. Actually got to ski my 98 underfoot Meier Wild Bill's. It was magical.

All the other times it was groomer zoomers which was fine but powder, wow.

Hope you have a clear day for Owls Head as Lillys Leap off the summit is truly stunning. If the lake chair is running those runs are amazing, you feel like you are going to ski right into the lake. So beautiful.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is as far as I got tonight. Lancaster, NH. Where I am lodged in the luxurious and palatial Coos Motor Inn. All the paperwork for check in was ... paper

I closed down The Copper Pig ... at 8:00.

This is the place we go first to choose a president, btw

Realized halfway here that the snow shovel I knew for certain was in the back of my car was actually a snow shovel in the back of my rental car in Tahoe. Dear Housemates, hope one of you has one!

1000001310-02.jpeg

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We drove up Wednesday from Rochester and are staying at a rather spartan AB&B in Westfield east of Jay. Went to Jay yesterday and all lifts were in wind hold-would have been ugly if we could have skied. Fortunately I hadn't printed the tickets from the voucher, so I was able to get a refund rather than a "snow check" for another day. Looking forward to finally skiing in some real snow today. Had dinner last night at the T-Bar in Newport-good bar food and inexpensive craft drafts.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Lord Voldemort drank some unicorn blood and came out today to guide us through an awesome Jay Peak day. Tram was down but everything else was spinning. Bump runs, open trees and groomers.

First bump run was down Powerline that has a double fall line that would make Upper Goat proud. Some pretty shabby snow where the wind packed it but the woods were really nice.

Compared to Stowe, Jay’s bump runs have an interesting feature. That is, they have a single fall line. Really an interesting concept.

Forecast is for 12-18” tomorrow starting in the early morning hours. Wow. The NEG is delivering!

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was an awesome day at Jay! Lots of fun with new and old friends. Well, a lot of us are older anyway :golfclap: I didn't take too many pictures but here's Lord Voldemort in all his glory! And a few others. PXL_20240322_154619409.jpg PXL_20240322_154638709.jpg PXL_20240322_154630890.jpg PXL_20240322_154643143.jpg PXL_20240322_154642584.jpg PXL_20240322_154641305.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online