• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

James

Out There
Instructor
Can’t make this stuff up.
Spanish Federation head refuses to resign.
This was the dilemma rooting for Spain - those in charge would feel vindicated by winning. Now the two scumbags take credit for the win and justify anything done.
He likely sealed his fate after the kissing incident on stage. Hopefully they’ll axe the voach at the same time.

Federation head Luis Rubiales-
—————-
“Do you think this [incident] is so serious that I should go, after the best management in the history of Spanish football?” he said. “Let me tell you: I’m not going to resign. I’m not going to resign. I’m not going to resign.
——————
It just gets worse the more you read.

Spanish Team refuses to play any matches till he’s removed.

A summary of the whole debacle-

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I was actually hoping Spain lost just because of that creepy mess. Happy for the players but wish they had stuck together and all boycotted the whole thing instead of carrying that rufied water..

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Just having 32 teams that all had some good moments was so very very cool. Seeing teams from places like the Philippines score was awesome!

James

Out There
Instructor
I was actually hoping Spain lost just because of that creepy mess. Happy for the players but wish they had stuck together and all boycotted the whole thing instead of carrying that rufied water..
The Federation is so bad the govt is going to have to remove the head of it because they won’t.

Watch the 2 min of the the Spanish head’s speech in the article below. And he gets lots of support.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Whelp, I guess we still have the aftertaste of the Nasser fiasco that went on here for decades too. Glass houses. It's way past time for that crap to stop.

James

Out There
Instructor
Jenni Hermoso released a statement on the Luis Rubiales incident.

Non twitter reprint for mobile-
———————-
"…I want to make it clear that at no time did the conversation to which Mr. Luis Rubiales refers to in his address take place, and, above all, was his kiss ever consensual. I want to reiterate as I did before that I did not like this incident.

"The situation shocked me given the celebrations that were taking place at the moment, and with the passage of time and after delving a little deeper into those initial feelings, I feel the need to report this incident because I believe that no person, in any work, sports, or social setting should be a victim of these types of non-consensual behaviors. I felt vulnerable and a victim of an impulse-driven, sexist, out of place act without any consent on my part…
————————-

Just when you thought things couldn’t be made any worse by Rubiales and the Spanish Federation…
In a bizarre response, RFIF released a Zapruder style analysis of the video of the incident on the dais. You can’t make this stuff up. They have also threatened legal action against the players who refuse to play for RFIF, and Hermoso for lying about the incident.

RFIF has succeeded in making themselves look even worse than what was barely known by everyone not following closely before the wcup. We don’t need to hear about years of incidents to get the picture of how bad things are. They have proved it publicly in less than a week.

The more they try, the worse it gets. At this point, they are only convincing themselves.

—————————
…The evidence is conclusive. The President has not lied.

The RFEF and the President will demonstrate each falsehood that is spread, whether by someone on behalf of the player or, if necessary, by the player herself.

Given the gravity of the content in the press release by the Futpro union, the RFEF and the President will initiate the appropriate legal actions…
————————-

Meanwhile, the entire wcup coaching staff, except the disliked head coach Jorge Vilda, has resigned.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
As the world turns, a bizarre twist.

The mother of Spanish soccer federation head Luis Rubiales has shut herself in a church on a hunger strike.

————————-
Ángeles Béjar shut herself inside the church of the Divine Shepherdess in Rubiales’ hometown of Motril, Spain, on Monday, EFE reported. Rubiales’ cousin confirmed the news…

Béjar has said her protest will continue “indefinitely, day and night,” until her son was vindicated, EFE reported. “There is no sexual abuse since there is consent on both sides, as the images prove,” she told the Spanish news agency. “My son is incapable of hurting anyone.” …

Rubiales’ cousin, Vanessa Ruiz Béjar, confirmed the news to Teledeporte, saying of the situation: “To say that there is harassment is not fair.”

“That his mom, who is a person of great faith, has taken refuge in God and is on a hunger strike and does not want to leave the church. That his family is suffering very much on his behalf. It is not fair what is happening,” she continued. “He has been judged ahead of time and he should be left in peace. We want Jenni to tell the truth. Why has she changed her story three times? Our family has been harassed. This woman should tell the truth. Jenni, you should tell the truth. We want Jenni to tell the truth.
—————————

Maybe the cousin should listen to Liz Storer on Sky News last week in Australia. “You don’t just line people up and snog them”

Sponsor

Staff online