• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
They do. These are actual HVAC vents integrated into the floor slab. I kid you not. Like I say.. game changer... :ogbiggrin:
So you are saying they are for Heating and Cooling=HVAC not what was implied in the earlier post.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So you are saying they are for Heating and Cooling=HVAC not what was implied in the earlier post.
Well I suspect they are return vents. This is why I was mystified. I was in the engineering business then and I was like, who thought of that and how much did it cost!! Imagine me rooting around under the seats trying to figure out if they're blowing air or sucking air! :ogbiggrin:

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What about this bizarre story about the three Chiefs fans found frozen to death in a buddy's back yard? Bodies not discovered for two days, buddy says he didn't know they were out there...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What about this bizarre story about the three Chiefs fans found frozen to death in a buddy's back yard? Bodies not discovered for two days, buddy says he didn't know they were out there...
Whoa... weirdest thing I've seen in a while...

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’d bet a little bit of drugs mixed with some alcohol and only 1 was lucky enough to call it a night early and went unconscious in the house.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah that’s a weird one. Discovered when a relative comes over to look for one? What about cars??

James

Out There
Instructor
Whoa... weirdest thing I've seen in a while...

Preliminary toxicology report- cocaine and fentanyl and thc. The guy on the video is saying that Jordan was well known as the chemist, making drugs for people. I guess he’s just checked into rehab. Could be facing serious jail time.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
A sad one. Also dumb ways to die.
19 yr kid is taking photos of 2 kids of similar age and selfies from a canyon overlook in Hanksville UT He leans out for a better angle and falls to his death. ( I’m not far from there now )

in a similar vein I was at Snowbird in 2008
(May have been an Epic gathering) a guy recognizes me from an epic eastern gathering years earlier at Blue Knob PA.
He had been a pro racer but he could now hardly ski at an intermediate level. He leaned into the top of Great Scott at Snowbird and fell. Crashing head over heels down the run and over rocks. He was unconscious in the hospital for 4 months but survived. Then a year in rehab
Where more broken bones ( don’t know how many) were fixed. I was in shock to hear this and forgot to get his name.Maybe someone else here has his name.

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Bitter coating on Costco cells to keep small kids from swallowing them.
1706990390349.jpeg

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

After a Connecticut woman took a DNA test, her life was turned upside down. She discovered she was likely a product of fertility fraud and that she had at least 22 half siblings, one of whom was her high school boyfriend.
"I was intimate with my half-brother"

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier

After a Connecticut woman took a DNA test, her life was turned upside down. She discovered she was likely a product of fertility fraud and that she had at least 22 half siblings, one of whom was her high school boyfriend.
"I was intimate with my half-brother"
I thought it said Connecticut.. not ummmm... :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online