• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Yawgoo Valley Exeter RI closing for season

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Tomorrow Sunday 3/3 last day.

Golf season is here in the New England flatlands. They got a decent Winter Vacation week in but that snow is long gone.

25-30 years ago I’d get 75+ days with boots on. For fifth year in a row I didn’t make it once, they don’t open midweek mornings any more.

Everything changes… IMG_8642.jpeg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I always connect Yawgoo with it's skateboard park. RI and snow just don't really go together that well...

If it's any consolation it's been a bad winter throughout the northeast.

TS
hrstrat57

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
I always connect Yawgoo with it's skateboard park. RI and snow just don't really go together that well...

If it's any consolation it's been a bad winter throughout the northeast.
Skate park, mini par 3 target golf a lot of tricks have been tried. What is truly needed is a dry slope probably on Yellow Jacket along with a legit half pipe. With a dry slope place could take off year round. Snow ❄️ would be a bonus. There’s a natural bit of a half pipe adjacent to Yellow Jacket wouldn’t take a lot to dig it out. My .02

Ski areas in the flatlands are going to have to get even more creative to survive IMO.

:)

TS
hrstrat57

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
The positive is place was jammin February vacation week. Got a nice well timed storm, they even got a couple lanes open in the tubing area. I’m certain they got all the ski school group programs in.

Once March comes along down here flatland activities are in full swing so early closing probably doesn’t hurt as much as you might think.

Over 60 here today. I’m golfing ‍tomorrow.

Sponsor

Staff online