• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

When and by whom was the 3-digt flex rating system invented?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
It was not my intention to post a pic of the current design because it is easily found online. Although I have previously found a pic of the earlier pre 21-22 WCR 1 thru 4 design on the Web, all I could find without an extraordinary effort was the junior model as you point out. However, the nose, if not the entire shell, has the same general shape as the adult line. I accidentally posted the same pic twice and had difficulty removing the extra copy on my phone. If you compare “nose shapes” in Head’s race catalogue from previous years (searchable online), I believe you will agree.

I think you mean the 70. The 65 is truly a kids boot that bears little to no resemblance (including the plastic) to even the 70, a true jr. race boot, and much closer in design to the adult race boots.

I just retired a pair of first season WCR 3's and have a new one. Didn't notice a hugely different amount of prep and fitting work, but I'll look for fun when I get a moment.

There's certainly large differences between the old B series and the new WCR plugs though, that's for sure!

TS
C

Chessie

Booting up
Skier
I think you mean the 70. The 65 is truly a kids boot that bears little to no resemblance (including the plastic) to even the 70, a true jr. race boot, and much closer in design to the adult race boots.
Again, I'm sorry that I posted a pic of a kid's boot on March 17. It was done in a hurry on my phone. All I was paying attention to was the rounded nose, which it seems it shares with the adult models of the same pre-2020/2021 era. But as you allude to, the rounded-nose models were called Raptor B1, 2, 3... RD, not WCR1, 2, 3...

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Again, I'm sorry that I posted a pic of a kid's boot on March 17. It was done in a hurry on my phone. All I was paying attention to was the rounded nose, which it seems it shares with the adult models of the same pre-2020/2021 era. But as you allude to, the rounded-nose models were called Raptor B1, 2, 3... RD, not WCR1, 2, 3...
No worries... didn't see your previous post. If I had, I wouldn't have commented.

:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online