• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What sports do you only watch during the Winter Olympics?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Curious which winter sports folks only watch during the Olympics. For me it is definitely the following:
  • Curling
  • Bobsled and Skeleton
  • Speed skating
  • Anything related to Cross country skiing
Really enjoy watching these during the Olympics but am just not motivated outside of the Olympics.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
All of 'em except for alpine skiing.
All of em except HOCKEY :duck:

Still a fan of the classic ski movies.. But don't go out of my way to watch live skiing competitions anymore..

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I refuse to watch or pay attention to Olympic games or results. The IOC are an arrogant, elitist, and corrupt bunch that are emblematic of what is wrong with our society today. I will have nothing to do with the IOC or their phony baloney fake amateur sports event.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The IOC are an arrogant, elitist, and corrupt bunch that are emblematic of what is wrong with our society today.

I agree with every one of your assertions here.

I also, unfortunately, feel that there is such a thing as 'Olympic spirit' - and that the athletes rather deserve our attention for the level of achievement they embody.

That that attention is being jammed through the filters of nationalist and capitalist and outright extortionist corruption means I feel morally justified to source my feed anywhere I can. :D

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I also, unfortunately, feel that there is such a thing as 'Olympic spirit' - and that the athletes rather deserve our attention for the level of achievement they embody.
I've struggled with this the entire Olympics. I want to support the athletes and their struggles and glory. But then by doing that I'm supporting and continuing all the disgusting things they do to some of those athletes thru the media, trainers, parents and all the corruption of some that use the spirit of the olympics to make themselves rich off those athletes and countries and the games.

Sponsor

Staff online