• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What ski is similar to the Nordica Patron's?

Luv2ski

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
First of all I want to say thank you to those of you who recommended to us to go to Big Sky the first week in April! We Skied powder 4 out of 6 days! We'll definitely be going back! While I was there I was able to rent Nordica Patrons. This is the 2nd time I've had them and they are by far the best feeling skies that I've ever used. I'm looking to purchase a pair of skis now and I want to find something as close as possible to the patrons. I do tend to lean towards Nordica but I'm open to anything.

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
The first ski that comes to mind is the new Enforcer 110. Blister compares it to the patron often.

And why not just go find a Nordica Patron for sale? Should be plenty of them available around the internet and it will lillik end up being cheaper than anything new. You already know you like it.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Enforcer 110 has a good amount of the Patron's DNA (along with the old Helldorado) so I would say, that is the modern evolution of the Patron, I would also not dismiss it's cousin the Blizzard Rustler 11. A ski that the Patron often got compared to was the DPS Wailer 112 and I would aslo suggest the new DPS Foundation 112 should be a consideration.

TS
L

Luv2ski

Skier
The Enforcer 110 has a good amount of the Patron's DNA (along with the old Helldorado) so I would say, that is the modern evolution of the Patron, I would also not dismiss it's cousin the Blizzard Rustler 11. A ski that the Patron often got compared to was the DPS Wailer 112 and I would aslo suggest the new DPS Foundation 112 should be a consideration.

That's great info Philpug! I will look at all of those!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
First of all I want to say thank you to those of you who recommended to us to go to Big Sky the first week in April! We Skied powder 4 out of 6 days! We'll definitely be going back! While I was there I was able to rent Nordica Patrons. This is the 2nd time I've had them and they are by far the best feeling skies that I've ever used. I'm looking to purchase a pair of skis now and I want to find something as close as possible to the patrons. I do tend to lean towards Nordica but I'm open to anything.

Man I skied the Patron and this year the Enforcer 110, both in 185cm size and I found the Patron much much quicker when pivoting and slashing but almost as stable when on edge. On heavier pow the Patron just does not have the stiffness up front to be able to really charge it compared to the Enforcer 110 but in light soft snow (and trees) I prefer the Patron, the Enforcer 110 is just a much better crud ski.

I am trying to think which ski I have demoed recently that more closely resembles the Patron and I can't think of one. Maybe the Black Crows Atris.

If you liked the Patrons just try to find one. They might still be available new, definitely used.

The DPS 112 is definitely worth a look. And the Rustler 11 I tested felt burlier but it was the 192cm length (116mm wide) the 180cm should feel much lighter and quick, like the Patron.

TS
L

Luv2ski

Skier
Man I skied the Patron and this year the Enforcer 110, both in 185cm size and I found the Patron much much quicker when pivoting and slashing but almost as stable when on edge. On heavier pow the Patron just does not have the stiffness up front to be able to really charge it compared to the Enforcer 110 but in light soft snow (and trees) I prefer the Patron, the Enforcer 110 is just a much better crud ski.

I am trying to think which ski I have demoed recently that more closely resembles the Patron and I can't think of one. Maybe the Black Crows Atris.

If you liked the Patrons just try to find one. They might still be available new, definitely used.

The DPS 112 is definitely worth a look. And the Rustler 11 I tested felt burlier but it was the 192cm length (116mm wide) the 180cm should feel much lighter and quick, like the Patron.
Thank you Ken

Sponsor

Staff online