• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is the flex of these Fischer Soma RC4 Worldcup Jr boots?

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
My daughter's Head Raptor RS 80 boots are getting a little snug and her brother's foot is getting close to catching her so I started looking for the next size up JR boot that has cuff alignment and came across a great deal on these Fischer's so I bought them. However, there is no indication of the flex anywhere on these boots. I've searched all over the internet and found this boot (https://www.skis.com/Fischer-RC4-World-Cup-90-Junior-Race-Ski-Boots/144273P,default,pd.html) which is almost identical except that it has the 90 flex number between the top 2 buckles but I can't find a picture or any record of the boot I bought and figured it must be a year earlier or later than the one in that link.

Assuming that this pair is also 90 flex, what would the flex drop to if I removed the single bolt on the back? I understand there is some debate about whether or not it is safe to ski boots this way but I read in either the Head or Lange manual that it was ok. If I am wrong about that then I assume there are other ways of softening the flex given that I regularly hear it is a lot easier to soften a boot than stiffen it.

I would assume it would be safer to ski these Fischers without the bolt than her Heads because in addition to the outside cuff alignment bolt and inside rivet, there is an additional rivet on each side which you can see in the pictures I will post

Thanks!

TS
surfandski

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
IMG_20180213_175013733_LL.jpg
IMG_20180213_175025536_LL.jpg
IMG_20180213_175050272_LL.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online