• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Suggestions for skiing 3/27-3/30 Zermatt , Courcheval or.. with travel from Italy

smiling nomad

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey Friends,

I love this ski tribe! I appreciate your thoughts.
I'm flying low-gear/ mode( no skis) to Milan on the 24th. Depending on my travel mode, I have from the 26th to the 30th to ski.

I'm reading snow models for Zermatt, Courchevel, and maybe Verbier. ( I skied St Anton, Lech/Oberlech in December.) I can hop on a plane or train from Florence or Milan. I see lots of snow, maybe too much in Zermatt, and mixed precipitation in Courchevel, which are my original picks.

I have two excited Floridians who have never skied before but are ready. Everything is electric. (Smile.) I've read that St Moritz and Chamonix are not suitable for beginners.

I'm concerned with logistics, safety, and fun. I would like to see them for mid-mountain lunch/après to check in rather than at the end of the day. We want fun, music, maybe dancing, and a lively town.

Which would you pick, or is an alternative the life buoy I need? Oh yeah, I have to be in Florence on the 31st.

Thanks for helping me. No housing booked because I don't know where I'm going...

With gratitude and good vibes.

Sponsor

Staff online