• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Somewhere there are 1218 skis without bindings

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rummaging through Craigslist I came across this ad. 1218 sets of Brand New Marker Ski Bindings then also a link to the Ebay ad which is titled similarly Lot of 1218 New Marker Bindings...

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.13.24 AM.png

Marker Pallet 2.jpg
Marker Pallet 1.jpg

Looking at the images, these are system bindings from the late 2000's. Where are the skis that these went to? These are worthless without the plates that they go on to.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Likely folks ripped the plates off & direct mounted the skis.

The "system" in combination with low quality internet shopping likely caused more people to have miserably horrible gear experiences that have hurt skiing worse than the fluctuation in climate.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see a few of us here suffer from AFD.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I stepped into this thread when I felt the forward pressure to do so. L ACL wiped out when demoing Stocklis with MARKERs from Alain Veth's Le Ski Mastery . USSA surgeon binded my hammie strip to knee with a rotamat :) scalpel. Released to attempt to shred 7 months later.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I stepped into this thread when I felt the forward pressure to do so. L ACL wiped out when demoing Stocklis with MARKERs from Alain Veth's Le Ski Mastery . USSA surgeon binded my hammie strip to knee with a rotamat :) scalpel. Released to attempt to shred 7 months later.
You sound torqued.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
"Somewhere there are 1218 skis without bindings"

Umm, if there are 1218 sets of orphaned rail bindings wouldn't that make for 2436 skis without bindings?? let me know if you have any other nits that need picking :-P

Sponsor

Staff online