• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What kind of wax do you use for this?

Shimmer, obviously!
75ishimmer3.jpg

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
This event has been contested before. I recall competing in one that ran down the front stairs of my fraternity house in the hazy days of the late 60's/early 70's. Vertical drop of 20'. A cast iron radiator at the bottom less than a ski length (we were on 205's and 210's) from the bottom step added interest to the course. Those without skis competed in the stair diving category. Points awarded for time and style. All medals were stripped when it was discovered that every competitor failed the drug and/or alcohol tests.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This event has been contested before. I recall competing in one that ran down the front stairs of my fraternity house in the hazy days of the late 60's/early 70's. Vertical drop of 20'. A cast iron radiator at the bottom less than a ski length (we were on 205's and 210's) from the bottom step added interest to the course. Those without skis competed in the stair diving category. Points awarded for time and style. All medals were stripped when it was discovered that every competitor failed the drug and/or alcohol tests.
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I also competed in this event - also inside my fraternity. We started on the 3rd floor and there were 3 turns. I am not sure, but it might have been the reason I made my college ski team. I cannot confirm or deny the presence of beer........

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Years ago in Vail was at a basement bar near the old gondola base. You went down a set of concrete steps and turned left to get in the door. A ski patroller decided this would be the right way for him to go to the bar, distinctly remembered he was on a pair of Hart Javelins.

He missed the last, and only, turn. He required the services of the ski patrol after that.

Felt really bad for the skis.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

We also had a fraternity staircase DOWNHILL event a few times, never a SL though..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Years ago in Vail was at a basement bar near the old gondola base. You went down a set of concrete steps and turned left to get in the door. A ski patroller decided this would be the right way for him to go to the bar, distinctly remembered he was on a pair of Hart Javelins.

He missed the last, and only, turn. He required the services of the ski patrol after that.

Guess the DQ also resulted in the client having to pay for the beers as well.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier

I believe that bar was "The Slope"

Sponsor

Staff online