• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
I have a cut to fit arch support that is 8 years old, cannot recall the brand but it is a firm red plastic & has served me well. Purchased new with Technica Attiva M10 Ultrafit boots in 2010 at the ski shop. Boot fit was an experience- I tried on 10+ pairs & really worked to achieve comfort with the insert. Final outcome AMAZING- boots still feel amazing but the flex is way too soft.

Was at a ski swap today & found a pair of Rossignol All Track Pro 100, women’s 2015 model new with tags at a sweet deal. I tried them on for kicks- not expecting to make a purchase for myself, and the fit was perfect! I actually was so surprised I tried on a few other pairs both at swap and new stock in store & every other pair hurt my feet. I took it as a sign that it was meant to be and got them. This was at my home shop and I will be going back with my skis & boots to tweak as needed.

So my question: do I reuse my old insert since it has served me well & I have no issues with it, or should I explore other options? What brands, types, should I be looking for? I know the gold standard recommendation would be customs with master fitter but at this time is not realistic financially.

My feet: need large toe box (pain across metatarsals if shoes are tight), plantar fasciitis with occasional flare-ups (none recently).

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
I have not had a chance to try them on yet with my old insert- my old boots & skies are housed 2 hours north....damn work schedule have prevented me from from a day trip to try them out;)

I can say that I have tried the new boots on again as is and wore them around the house for a few hours. I am still totally surprised at how well they fit with zero adjustments.

TS
frontfive

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
insert fits! opening day on Friday so hoping for good results

Sponsor

Staff online