• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am sorry but whoever is running the show over there is dumber than sh*t. Shutting down a forum with 10+ years of insanely awesome content? They could've put it up for auction and sold it to someone. That site should be able to pay its own bills if setup right. Oh well.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn, the Retro Memories Thread was getting close to a MILLION views...

Dang Bill, that's probably what killed it! Kind of like the Y2K issue people were afraid of in 1999.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I am not sure how I feel about this....

I just want one thing over here.....to welcome the new member but not to welcome objectively wrong content that get posted over there on a nearly daily basis.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Wow that's shocking! I have a job with long hours so it's hard for me to keep up with several skiing forums, but I would peek on Epic once in a while. I had a profile there and I knew that Epic was a huge skiing community, I have posted a little bit there, not a lot. It had a lot of useful information about skiing - sad to see it go.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Am I welcome too Charles? ;)

It is a sad day indeed. I have many fond memories on EpicSki, but unfortunately circumstances killed a wonderful thing. Change is inevitable, especially on the Internet.
Of course you are @Tyler Wenzel as long as you aren't wearing a dirtybirds sweater :-P I don't have any animosity for Heather either. She was just doing her job and protecting her livelihood just like we all have to. From time to time that involves being a messenger of unpopular stuff. Just look at Shouty Spice! He's actually a pretty bright guy, graduated Army War College, works at The Pentagon as his day job and Army Reserve duties. No clue how he ended up being Trump's White House Tool, but that has to be the worst job in the world LOL!

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
can we gossip about heather now?

Don't you mean, "heather"? No one actually ever confirmed she was a real person.

OK, snark aside, I have mixed feelings. Like many, I am sad for the loss of valuable archived information. And the humor: frankly I will miss having the opportunity to go back and view, as I did within the last year, threads such as: "Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out west ?!" Or Red helmet/grey helmet.

Just copy those two threads right there and you have a treasure trove of trivial and often absurd entertainment, as well as some incredibly useful information. Rare combinations.

Sorry, still snarking....

That all said, I am perfectly happy to focus my online time on one website rather than two, and I've spent most of my time at Pug over Epic in the last 2 years. Not really too nostalgic or feeling the loss. Biggest issue is the Epic stickers still on my car roof box and on one or two of my skis.

Sponsor

Staff online