• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Who is this "Heather" that keeps getting mentioned in this thread? I don't post much anymore over on Epic... I've apparently missed something.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I say this as a no longer contracted by MNC person, Heather doesn't deserve any bashing. MNC has like 7 levels of corporate hierarchy near as I can tell. I only directly worked with Heather. She only found out a few minutes before she called me. I think it was another few levels up the chain from her where this decision was made.

Be mad at Vail or the C levels of MNC, but this wasn't Heather's fault.

:doh:

lol, I know it's not her fault. (... oh hell, if you have to explain it ... just never mind)

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
frankly I will miss having the opportunity to go back and view, as I did within the last year, threads such as: "Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out west ?!"

Just copy those two threads right there and you have a treasure trove of trivial and often absurd entertainment, as well as some incredibly useful information. Rare combinations.

Funny you mention that, @David Chaus. I actually DID copy the 'intermediate thread' at one time. Was going to reduce it to ski resort data for intermediates. Don't know if I still have it in its somewhat original form ... or if I even captured the user names.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I beleive SMJ referred to letting the content perish is like burning a library with the books in it. Kudos. MNC had numerous opportiniites to let the content live by accepting a fair offer for it..they chose not to. As @Bob Barnes said..shame on them.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Who is this "Heather" that keeps getting mentioned in this thread? I don't post much anymore over on Epic... I've apparently missed something.
When you come to A-Basin this year, I'll buy you a drink.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Wow, that's early quite the tale of intertwining forum originated friendships. I remember a time when friends and family used to think I was nutso for having these relationships.

Yeah, I remember friends telling me vehemently that my online friends were not "real" friends. Funny, I don't keep in touch with some of those friends I met in person anymore - but I still talk to some of the people I met online. On a regular basis.

Oh, she posted around the time that some controversial staffing changes were made. The feeling was that she was too "corporate." And she was sharing a message no one wanted to hear. She never posted except to share corporate perspective. It just wasn't welcome at the time.

Umm doesn't @Bob Barnes have some guides posted over there that definitely need to be mirrored somewhere?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Also @dean_spirito , I don't remember if you rebuilt your jumps post over here, or if you linked to the epicski thread?

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
It certainly looks as if this announcement is good for traffic on Pugski. I've never seen so many people listed as online on the forum front page, especially visitors. Hopefully this is good for revenue for the site.