• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

R. I. P. Thread

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can we acknowledge that some of us hope he does not “Rest in Peace”?

I think this is a fair comment.

The Latin phrase De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est, "Of the dead nothing but good is to be said." — abbreviated Nil nisi bonum — is a mortuary aphorism indicating that it is socially inappropriate for the living to speak ill of the dead who cannot defend or justify themselves.

Let's show some class, here.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The Latin phrase De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est, "Of the dead nothing but good is to be said." — abbreviated Nil nisi bonum — is a mortuary aphorism indicating that it is socially inappropriate for the living to speak ill of the dead who cannot defend or justify themselves.

I mean.. This is more of a guideline.. because there are times...

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

How you choose to live your life leads to the legacy you leave behind. In the end, people will think whatever they want about you and the only control you have is whether, on balance, you were a decent person. Clearly this is a person where there are polarizing opinions on either side. Seems weird to try and shame people to think or feel a certain way. We feel how we feel.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tommy Smothers, half of the Smothers Brothers. Watching their show when I was a kid, I didnt realize how cutting edge they were, , why they got cancelled, and how they opened the way for future TV comedians.
Came to post, leaving sad.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My dad was a big fan & introduced me to the Smothers brothers. My mom was a San Jose State alumni & l think they did a show for them early in their career.

& then Tommy ad libs some thing like “Dick where’s your bass”

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My heart always sinks a little when I see this thread bumped.
I understand, the question is what is worse, knowing or not knowing someone has passed?

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad was a big fan & introduced me to the Smothers brothers. My mom was a San Jose State alumni & l think they did a show for them early in their career.

& then Tommy ad libs some thing like “Dick where’s your bass”

Love this bit, think I first saw it in the film "The Kids are Alright." Funny AF.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Also in Star Trek season 2 episode 5
1704508845781.png

Sponsor