• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

R.I.P Bill Russell

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
The original GOAT
1659364490212.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There was a great thing posted by his daughter I think. He said people kept knocking over his garbage cans and the police blamed raccoons. So he then asked how he could get a gun permit. The garbage cans stopped getting knocked over... Trail blazer.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
He faced, and faced down, a lot of crap in Boston.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The burglars had poured beer on the pool table and ripped up the felt. They had broken into my father’s trophy case and smashed most of the trophies. I was petrified and shocked at the mess; everyone was very upset. The police came, and after a while, they left. It was then that my parents pulled back their bedcovers to discover that the burglars had defecated in their bed.
Every time the Celtics went out on the road, vandals would come and tip over our garbage cans. My father went to the police station to complain. The police told him that raccoons were responsible, so he asked where he could apply for a gun permit. The raccoons never came back.

But she said that the "only time we were really scared" was after her father wrote about racism in professional basketball for The Saturday Evening Post.

"He earned the nickname Felton X," she wrote. "We received threatening letters, and my parents notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

And she noted that when her father got his FBI file years later, he discovered it was littered with references to him as ''an arrogant Negro who won't sign autographs for white children."

Sponsor

Staff online