• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Performance boot providing the most toe box height to accommodate a hammer toe ( toe next to big toe is hammered)

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does such a boot accommodation even exits. I have noted Head’s new boots have extended toe box but I don’t associate that being helpful for me, I have had my Raptor ground and punched but it didn’t really help much but once the skin is broken that toe until healed is always going to hurt.

When I take the liner out where it is stitched in the center of the liner is right on top of my sore hammer toe. Thought about cutting the sewn stitches, but my wife tells me that will create a two side split that will then rub on both sides of that toe.

I downsize a good bit skiing in a 26.5 Raptor shell with a 10.5- 11 shoe size. Maybe that also contributes to my issue. I have ground the toe section of the boot board as well.

Thanks

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Try pulling down the sticking-up part of your hammer toe with Kinesiology tape.
This tape breathes, stretches, and stays on pretty well when wet. It does not irritate the skin.

Just cut it into strips and play around with different ways to configure the tape so it does the job.

I do this. An orthopedic surgeon specializing in feet and two podiatrists have told me not to get the surgery done because the failure rate is 75%. They are the ones who would be doing the surgery, so I take their advice seriously.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I downsize a good bit skiing in a 26.5 Raptor shell with a 10.5- 11 shoe size. Maybe that also contributes to my issue. I have ground the toe section of the boot board as well.

I wear the same street shoe size and ski the same size raptor. Not sure if it's similar but the top of my bigtoe knuckle was getting rubbed abit raw, my boot fitter went to town with the Dremel on that flap that wraps over the top of the toes from the front and I think they may have removed some material from that black rubber giblet too. They took the boot board down as the first attempt but I needed a smidge more. I kinda wish now, they hadn't done the boot board and just attacked the top spots first..

Not entirely sure we are talking about the same thing...

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid